x

Known Issue with sending Square Messages (11/29/22 - 12/14/22)

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Square Messages is currently experiencing issues sending text messages."

Is anyone also having problems with text messages failing to send. And receiving this message:

“Square Messages is currently experiencing issues sending text messages. Messages may not send as expected.”

Message 1 of 157
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Mtbresnan, @Zeuspmu, and @allisonlrhoades - Thank you all for posting here in the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are being impacted by the ongoing issue with Square Messages.

This particular issue has been taking a little longer because we are working alongside a third party in order to resolve it. Our engineers and our Square Messaging Product Team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating a solution with third-party mobile carriers. 

In the meantime, we will continue to update issquareup.com with the latest details. Sorry that we have not been posting updates as often on this one. We don't have new information at this time, but this issue is certainly prioritized by our engineers and they are still working on it. We thoroughly appreciate your patience and understanding until this is fully resolved.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions by replying to this thread. 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 157

Best Answer

Hi all - I wanted to come back to this thread to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved and our Messaging services are fully operational.

Your patience was greatly appreciated while our engineers and third-party partners worked on getting this resolved. I know that not being able to use a tool due to technical issues can be extremely frustrating and can have a severe impact on your business.

We apologize for any repercussions this feature outage has caused. I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 157
156 REPLIES 156

Yes. So annoying. How has square not fixed it already?! I’d understand a few hours but it’s been 2 days

Message 2 of 157
Beta Member

Yep, having the same issues. 

Message 3 of 157

Best Answer

Hi @Mtbresnan, @Zeuspmu, and @allisonlrhoades - Thank you all for posting here in the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are being impacted by the ongoing issue with Square Messages.

This particular issue has been taking a little longer because we are working alongside a third party in order to resolve it. Our engineers and our Square Messaging Product Team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating a solution with third-party mobile carriers. 

In the meantime, we will continue to update issquareup.com with the latest details. Sorry that we have not been posting updates as often on this one. We don't have new information at this time, but this issue is certainly prioritized by our engineers and they are still working on it. We thoroughly appreciate your patience and understanding until this is fully resolved.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions by replying to this thread. 

Violet
Message 4 of 157

I am having the same issue but I would like to tie my business number to it. Is this possible?

Message 5 of 157

I'm having the same issue with my messages.

Message 6 of 157

Hi there, @Angelicakes and @kirtonjr 👋

If you haven't already, please reach out directly to our Support Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. Our Support Team will be able to add your Square account to the ongoing Support Ticket for this issue. This will let our Engineers know who has been affected and the breadth of impact.

Our Support Team will keep an eye on your case so they can let you know once the issue has been resolved. Additionally, we will post an update on issquareup.com when we have confirmation of a fix from Engineering.

Please let me know if I can be of help with anything else!

Violet
Message 7 of 157

Do you have an update on this issue? It's been days and it's making look very unprofessional. 

Message 8 of 157

Very! And hard to keep track of what staff has contacted who saying what since we're having to use our personal sales... it's been DAYS ! 

Message 9 of 157

Please help my messages haven’t been working 

Message 10 of 157
Beta Member

Messages haven't been working since November 30th. When will it be resolved?

Message 11 of 157

I understand 1 day or even two but it’s been a week.  My business looks very unprofessional and so does yours.  The amount of hiccups with your company with not only this messaging but many times I’m unable to even see ANY of my appointments or information for over a day is unbelievable. That has happened more than a few times.  I went with square even though they are more expensive for processing because they are not only a large corporation but they have many features. Well it does me no good if there is something always wrong.  

Message 12 of 157

Will credits to our accounts be given?  I rely on the texting of reminders to get clients to their appointments so that I can pay you. 

Message 13 of 157

I asked customer service for a credit this month and they responded saying “the issue will be fixed soon” and didn’t address my question about the credit at all. -.-

Message 14 of 157

Ugh--yes, we should definitely receive some sort of credit as this issue is affecting our business and Square did not notify me (and I doubt they notified anyone) of this significant issue.

Message 15 of 157

We haven’t been able to send texts in over a week, and our customers are not receiving reminders for their appointments. We are losing business over this. 

Message 16 of 157

Best Answer

Hi all - I wanted to come back to this thread to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved and our Messaging services are fully operational.

Your patience was greatly appreciated while our engineers and third-party partners worked on getting this resolved. I know that not being able to use a tool due to technical issues can be extremely frustrating and can have a severe impact on your business.

We apologize for any repercussions this feature outage has caused. I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 17 of 157

Ummm, NO, it is NOT resolved.  "SMS messages can be sent as a reply to your customer's message." but you can't compose a message unless they message you first.  For example, when a client who normally has excellent attendance no-showed their appointment, I was unable to message them to check in with them.  Does Square plan to return messaging to FULL functionality, or is this the new normal?

Message 18 of 157

Hello All,

I am stepping in while Alanah is out. I am sorry you guys are still experiencing these issues, that is super frustrating. Please reach out to Direct Support so we can investigate this further 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. We cannot thank you enough for all your patience and for continuing to work with us on this. We really appreciate it! 

Message 19 of 157

Hi MayaP,

I am going to paste below something I posted in THIS thread on Wednesday.  As you can see, I have already called Support AFTER issquareup.com indicated this issue was resolved.  They suggested that I take my feedback to THIS forum.  Now you are suggesting I take my feedback back to Support.  I know you are just doing your job and that you have a message that has been handed to you to give customers by way of response.  But it feels like Square is giving us the runaround, instead of resolving the problem.  It is particularly frustrating to be told that the problem is resolved, when there is a yellow notification message FROM SQUARE blocking the field where a seller would normally compose a message.  Square obviously knows the platform has not been returned to full functionality, because Square put that yellow notification there.  I'm not sure what the benefit is of saying that something has been resolved, when the company clearly knows that it is only partially fixed.  The person I spoke to at Support on Wednesday directly said that it is "kind of" fixed, in that sellers could reply to customer messages but not compose them.  She said that she suspects that full functionality would eventually be restored.  All I'm looking for is transparency regarding the ACTUAL status, and the ACTUAL plan -- is messaging still being worked on by the Square team/partners, or is this the new normal.  I don't want to be told something is resolved when the company knows that is not the whole truth, and I don't want to get the runaround where the left arm of Square sends sellers to the right arm, and the right arm send sellers back to the left.

Copy/Paste of my Wednesday post:

issquareup.com is showing that this issue has been resolved. However, when I try to compose a message to a customer, the field where you would usually type your message is covered by a notification that says, "SMS messages can be sent as a reply to your customer's message." In the before times, I appreciated the ability to compose a message, even if it wasn't in reply to a customer. For example, today a client who usually has excellent attendance was a no-show, so I wanted to reach out to him, but the system wouldn't let me. I called Square Support, and was told that this feature would probably return to normal down the road. So, my feedback is two fold. First, I hope that full functionality is restored soon. Second, it would be nice if issquareup.com was more clear that this is still a work in progress.

Message 20 of 157

Once this has gone to 1 month, I will be looking in to a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT to refund our subscription fees. As this Messages feature is one of the PAID advantages to my Appointments Plus pricing plans and it is now unavailable. Since there has been no update to my terms of service, I will consider this a breach of contract and expect remuneration.

Anyone who is interested in this please like and comment to this thread and we'll stay in the loop.

Message 21 of 157