x
Beta Member

Lots of crashes in Square 5.57.1

I'm getting a lot of crashes, mostly while interacting with the Ticket menu, and especially "Print Bill" - Running version 5.57.1

Please rectify! This is slowing down business.

Video link:

https://streamable.com/oadcq4

Lucky Thai
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

HI there, @luckythaitn 👋 Good to hear from you! So sorry to hear about the trouble with your app crashing. Sounds very glitchy, indeed.

I appreciate you including a video link. So helpful!

In conjunction with your Point of Sale app being on the most recent version of its software, can you also ensure that your iPad itself is running its most up-to-date version, as well? This can often times cause extended issues such as the one in your video.

Keep us updated!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Hi @Joe , we are indeed keeping iOS up-to-date. The iPad we're using says we're up to date at 12.5.1

Thanks for your help. 

Lucky Thai
Message 3 of 10

Ah, thanks for that @luckythaitn - I appreciate you bouncing back here promptly. Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Square application?

If you give that a shot and are still experiencing issues, we would them recommend flagging this over to our Support Team directly. They can take a deep dive you with you in order to find where the issue lays.

Joe
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

@Joe I won't be able to do that until maybe tomorrow afternoon. We've got an open ticket that's gotta be available until then. I'll respond with results at that time.

Lucky Thai
Message 5 of 10

Perfect! Thanks for bouncing back with the info once you have it! Looking forward to hearing from you, @luckythaitn.

Joe
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

@Joe I did delete and reinstall Square POS, which brings with it the pain of trying to get all the settings back to where they were. It is still crashing - about 4 times during our dinner service. Hopefully the devel team can figure it out.

Lucky Thai
Message 7 of 10

@Luckuthaitn Thanks for trying all of those steps with Joe. I know it can be a lot to get everything set up again after resetting it. We appreciate your time. 

I am wondering if it's more the iPad itself. Do you have an older iPad that is also up to date? It could be that the iPad is having a hard time running the newer software. 

Also, if you haven't already, you may want to consider reaching out to our Phone Support team so they can get a ticket filed with Engineering. You can refer them to this Community article too (because the video is amazing and they will use it in their ticket). 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

@AshleyK this is an iPad Air model # ME999LL/A

Don't have much free time to deal with Phone Support - we're dealing with sever weather here.

Though it would be nice if they could fix it. I'm still getting crashes.

Thanks for your help.

Lucky Thai
Message 9 of 10
Alumni

@luckythaitn - We understand your time is valuable, and sorry you're dealing with inclement weather. Whenever you get some free time, our CS Team is available to chat and create a ticket for Engineering to take a look. 

Justin
Message 10 of 10