x

Missing "Pay Invoice" button in e-mails for Recurring Invoices

Sent out two recurring invoices today (one to my own alternative e-mail for testing and one to a real customer).  Both e-mails are missing the "Pay Invoice" button.  Anyone else have this issue?  Is there a setting that we're missing?

https://imgur.com/VSZhfhJ

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This is just the email that says the recurring invoice was created.  On Sept 27, in this case, they will receive the invoice for payment.  That email will have the link.  If you allow them to save the card then they will get a reminder email and then a payment confirmation on the day it is due.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This is just the email that says the recurring invoice was created.  On Sept 27, in this case, they will receive the invoice for payment.  That email will have the link.  If you allow them to save the card then they will get a reminder email and then a payment confirmation on the day it is due.

Message 2 of 12

This is not working.  I have no pay button on my invoices out.  I have clients complaining because my credit card company does not allow an option to pay.  No big shiny pay button like in the picture a few messages above.  

Message 3 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

This could happen if your client has an older email client and it is not reading the HTML format of the email. Everything is there is just not easily seen, or doesn't look like a button and you actually have to read.   In your dashboard, you can go to the invoice and click more, then share.  This will give you a URL.  Copy and paste this into an email and send it to your customer.  This will provide them a webpage of the invoice that they should be able to view with any newer browser.  You can open the URL and see what it looks like yourself.  I have one client that I have to do this with because she uses a very old computer running Windows XP. 

Message 4 of 12

I'm having a similar issue in Gmail app on Samsung Galaxy note 9.  I sent a test invoice to myself using one of my other e mail addresses and the following 2 pictures are what I see on the phone.  And the device constantly updates nightly.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gr3nsF93LbeU4oP68

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LsskUKo8mqHS25Xz7

Message 5 of 12

I am also having this no payment button issue with gmail in Google Chrome on Windows 10. I have to click on "View Attachments" which no customer would figure out.

Message 6 of 12

How do you get this link to automatically appear on the Invoice?

It would be most helpful that they only receive one notification that is requesting payment upon arrival of the invoice.

Message 7 of 12

Thank you so much for posing that  It helped me figure out why my test invoices weren't showing the "pay invoice" link.  I'm using Outlook 2010.  It will show up on the  Windows 10 Mail email app.

Message 8 of 12

I didn’t get the message 

Message 9 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Curaditwo and welcome to the Seller Community

I would like to help out. If you could please provide a bit more context to the question you're asking, I'll be able to better point you in the right direction here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 12

I am missing several Invoices that had checks sent in only way I can mark them paid is to be able to record payment from invoice can't find them anywhere. 

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

If your customers paid for an invoice via cheque, cash or any other payment than via the payment link, you'll have to manually mark them as paid. Square Invoices can only automatically be marked as paid when your customer uses the payment link included in the invoice, @Km-Lucarelli_01. I hope this clears things up, let us know if you have any other questions! 

Message 12 of 12