x

Multiple Locations screen - 'change location' link doesn't list nicknames of locations

When arriving at the appointments screen, it lists the Official Business name with 'change location' link underneath.  But when I click on this 'change location' link, it lists my multiple locations, but it doesn't use the nickname of each location - instead, it uses only the official business name for each location, which is less clear/helpful than using each location's nickname.

Is this a glitch that will be fixed?  Or is it something I can fix myself, and if so, please advise how.

Thanks!

Larry 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Lksseven!

To show a different name for each location you'll need to update the Business Name from the Account & Settings section of your online Dashboard. The Nickname in this section isn't visible to customers though I see how that would be helpful! 

To edit the Business Name:

1. Sign into your Square Dashboard online and navigate to Account & Settings.
  2. Click Locations and then click on the name of the location you want to edit.
  3. Make any changes to you need to Business Name and click Save to continue.
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 for your other location.

When you've saved your settings your customer click 'Change Location' they will then see two different names for your each location! 

Hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Message 2 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Lksseven!

To show a different name for each location you'll need to update the Business Name from the Account & Settings section of your online Dashboard. The Nickname in this section isn't visible to customers though I see how that would be helpful! 

To edit the Business Name:

1. Sign into your Square Dashboard online and navigate to Account & Settings.
  2. Click Locations and then click on the name of the location you want to edit.
  3. Make any changes to you need to Business Name and click Save to continue.
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 for your other location.

When you've saved your settings your customer click 'Change Location' they will then see two different names for your each location! 

Hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 11

Thank you.  That worked out fine.

Message 4 of 11
Admin

You're welcome! Glad it all worked out! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 11

Hello, I cannot select a department in the form to create a location. Can you help me?

Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Davidabf96,

Can you be more specific as to what's happening when you go to add one?

It sounds like a browser issue. I'd try using Chrome or Firefox since those two are most compatible with our Dashboard. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11

*I typed this out a second time because I didn't see my reply so if you see it twice disregard this*

-But if you have the same name under both categories it wont work. EX:

My business name: Sisteress. So under the Nickname, I put Sisteress and under business location I put TAROT-SISTERSS. The same name, CANNOT be in both.

So for my nickname I put Spongebob's house and left my business name the same, it worked.

Message 8 of 11

This solution did not work for me. I set up my business name as my physical location, then added 2 mobile locations (farmers markets). When I first set them up I used my business name for both, with different nicknames to reflect which farmers market it was. I was able to correct one with the process above, but the other (even with business name now matching nickname), isn't displaying properly. From my website, a customer can select which location they want to pick up from. The first market shows the correct name, but the other still shows as business name (the market address is correct). What else can I do?

Message 9 of 11
Alumni

Hey there @MrMustardMan, try reaching out to our CS Team for tailored support specific to your account. They have tools available to see the backend of your Settings and give next Steps on how to set up your locations so they reflect correctly on your site. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 11

Don't use the same name as your business location as your nickname. For example:

I put my Nickname as "Sisteress" (because that's the name of my business) then I put the business location name as TAROT-SISTERESS. It didn't work because Sisteress was in both names.

But when I put "SpongeBob's house" under my business nickname, and TAROT-SISTERESS as the busines slocation it worked.

Message 11 of 11