x

My Square Point of Sale shows a "Failure to Load Point of Sale."

We have the new Square Register, Now Point of Sale.  This morning we come in to find a "Failure to Load Point of Sale" scene and it will not allow us to reboot or restart.  Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Oh dear, sorry to hear this @HollyDianaFlora. I'm moving your post to this thread so you can see the troubleshooting tips provided by Chad.

There are additional troubleshooting steps for the Register in our Support Center too. If the issue persists go ahead and call our Customer Success team so we can get you back up and running! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I know I'm a little late @MomsCafe,  but have you checked your internet connection? Also have you tried holding down the power button for 5 seconds to try and reboot the system? 

Message 2 of 8

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: My register has “failed to load square register". What do I do? Restarting didn’t help.

My square register is failing to load. What do I do?  Restarting didn’t help. 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Oh dear, sorry to hear this @HollyDianaFlora. I'm moving your post to this thread so you can see the troubleshooting tips provided by Chad.

There are additional troubleshooting steps for the Register in our Support Center too. If the issue persists go ahead and call our Customer Success team so we can get you back up and running! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 8

We are in the middle of business and the square register would not load this morning. It is stuck on the square logo screen. We have rebooted our internet and it is fine. We rebooted the square register but it is still stuck at logo screen. We tried unplugging and plugging everything back in.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @javamo - thanks so much for reaching out here and letting us know about this. So sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind trying out these troubleshooting steps listed in Helen's Best Answer here? They should help us drill down to the heart of the issue. 

I've also merged your post into that same thread of Sellers who also experienced these kind of issues. This will help us for record keeping purposes.

Let me know if you have any questions! I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

The same thing has been happening to me in my store. I have called the Square support and they were going to have a tech call me back. Never heard from them. Now it's Memorial Weekend and I have no way to take credit cards. Not happy.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @dlderstine and welcome to the Community.

It sounds like your register just needs some troubleshooting and shouldn't require a call. 

We should be able to help you get it working by trying the troubleshooting steps listed in the Best Answer above. Try those and let me know.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8