x

My cash drawer and printer are not working?

I have had my Square system for over 2 years and have never had any problems, until now.  I think there is a short in the main cord connecting everything, because when we wiggle the cord, it tends to allow some functions to work.  Is there a way of purchasing just a new cord?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

@humboldtcaribbe are you using the Ipad Stand with the cash drawer and printer?  If so did this just start?  There has been a known issue with the iOS11 update that has caused the drawer and printer to stop working.  If you disconnect the power to the printer you can get it to light up and even advance register tape, but nothing will actually be sent from the POS system.

Bob

Message 2 of 7

Yes, it just started on Friday.  When I unplugged it all, it didn't seem to "wake it up", but then when we continued to wiggle the cords and unplug several things, then we could get the cash drawer to open, but then the printer would quit working.....does that still sound like the iOS11 issue?  If not, I cannot find anywhere on the site that tells me if I can buy a new cord to try, or even a number to call for customer service-do you have any of that info by chance?

Message 3 of 7

Hard to know for sure.  You would need to look at your Ipad and see if you are running, or recently updated, to iOS11.  There is a fix for this apparently coming in iOS11.2 whcih is in beta right now.  I am using the beta and it has been working for the last three days.  It fixes the connectivity issue.  I assume you are using square stand - can you swipe cards in the stand?  This is another sign that it is the iOS11 issue.

You should be able to contact support by using the link https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact#FAB456B04971

I do not know about the cords specifically.

Bob

Message 4 of 7

Ok-thanks for all the help!  I will be checking my ipad to see if the iOS11 was updated of not....we were not able to swipe all the time on Friday, but once in a while it would let us-it was really weird.  Again, thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hello @humboldtcaribbe and @thelocalp, Helen here from the Community team.

I just wanted to let you know that we are posting updates and troubleshooting steps for this issue in this Community thread: Known issue with the Square Stand and iOS 11. If you like, you can subscribe to that thread (click Subscribe at the top of the page) and you'll receive notification emails when we post any updates. 

I'm very sorry for the trouble this is causing and really appreciate your patience while we continue to work to resolve this.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 7

I am having the exact same issue.  Please let me know if you find a trick to fix it! 

Message 7 of 7