x

My domain will not load my website

I transferred my domain from Shopify hosting to go daddy so that I can use it on my new square site however it will not work and still brings up something to do with Shopify. I have followed all the steps but it still won't work. then when it says I have connected it when I click what website to direct it too it then says disconnected. 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @bradseyboy, welcome to the Seller Community! Let's see if we can find a fix for you.

We have a really useful guide on transferring domains over to Square on our support centre.  It could also be because there were a few steps missing in the transfer process, some of which must be done through your domainโ€™s current host. After extending your domain name, follow the steps provided to:

1. Make sure WHOIS privacy protection is disabled.
  2. Disable the registrar lock.
  3. Double-check that your contact email address is correct and you have access to it.
  4. Get your domainโ€™s authorization (EPP/transfer) code from the current registrar and enter it to authorize the transfer process

Youโ€™ll also need to decide where to connect the domain name. You can choose to connect it to a Square Online site in your account or leave the domain set up the way it is if you donโ€™t want to use it with a Square Online site.

I'd also recommend getting in touch with either Shopify or GoDaddy if you continue to encounter the same issue. Theyw ill have better visbility if they are currently hosting your domain. 

Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content