x

My invoice won't send when I hit "send." It just stays as a draft. Help??

How can send the invoice? I tried two different browswers, and it just won't send when I hit "send."

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

My account is doing the same thing this morning.  What can I do?

Message 2 of 12

My account is doing this as well. It will send some, others it is saving as a draft and will not send.

Message 3 of 12

Has anyone had this resolved yet? Going on 24 hours and I can't send an invoice.

Message 4 of 12

I am having trouble too. It is just saying "Draft" at the top. And I sent one and it's not showing up in my sent. AND it started with the same invoice as the last invoice I had sent. ???

Message 5 of 12

Now it is telling me the payers email address is invalid!!! I haven't been able to send an invoice now for over 24 hours! This needs to be fixed!

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Hello everyone — thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry for the frustration.

There was an issue last week that delayed the sending of invoices for some sellers, but it has since been resolved. If you're still encountering any trouble with getting your invoices sent, please give these dashboard troubleshooting tips a go. If, after that, you're still having any issues, please let out Support team know and we can have a closer look at your account right away. 

Hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or concerns.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 12

I created an invoice last night, but didn't send it.  I edited it this morning to add one more item.  After I had sent the invoice it still showed up as a draft, even after sending it via email twice.  I searched for an answer, saw this thread, and cleared the browser history.  When I logged back into Square, the invoice showed up as Unpaid, and not as a Draft.  Hope this helps someone.

Message 8 of 12

This thread is a little older, but I came across the same issue this morning while trying to send an invoice from my laptop. The steps of clearing the cache and others recommended by Square didn't work. What I did was go to my smart phone. I still couldn't send from there, but was able to set up a customer profile. Once the profile was setup for my client, the app allowed me to send the invoice. 

Message 9 of 12
Alumni

@JodyMabry - Hm, that's strange. If you're still having issues sending, contact our Support team directly and they can take a further look into this for you.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 12

I'm still having the same issue. When I click on "Send Now" from the draft invoice screen, it doesn't send. It requires me to edit the invoice and then I can send it. It takes me much longer to send my invoices this way.

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Chris2021 thanks for reaching out with this inquiry. Our invoices feature is currently set up to send this way. I do understand it does take a bit longer to click edit and then send. You can certainly submit a feature request on our Ideate Board and that is something our Product team can look into this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post (squ.re/Ideate-Commuity) from one of our Seller Community Moderators. If you have any additional feedback our questions please let us know. 

Message 12 of 12