x

Why am I unable to process credit cards?

My reader does not give me an option to accept a credit card? It isn't listed as a form of payment.

Message 1 of 46
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I "Enable credit card processing"?

Hi again @Abs-doodlebop - it looks like @Minion pointed you in the right direction!

Have you logged into your Square Dashboard on a computer and clicked the clipboard icon?

You will be walked through all of your next steps if you head there - it will look like this:

Learn more about this process here, and let me know if questions come up.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community👋

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

In order to accept payments, we need to obtain, verify, and record identifying information about the owner of the account. If we don't have this, or if the infomation isn't accepted by our system, a seller can't process payments.

To complete the activation process, please sign in to your Square Dashboard and click Activate card processing.

Your activation may be declined if there are any typos, so please pay close attention to the information you enter. Keep the following tips in mind:

- Enter your legal first and legal last name. If you recently changed your name, enter your previous name. (e.g., If you recently married, try entering your maiden name.)
- Use your current home address. If this is the address you initially entered, or if you’ve moved within the last 6 months, try using your previous home address.

Learn more about the information required to activate a Square account on our Support Center.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jacobtoomey - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

What type of difficulty are you experiencing when trying to accept payments? Are you receiving any specific error message that is preventing you from accepting payments? 

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 46

It says cError in Payment. Error Message is:
Account is not enabled for card processing, visit www.squareup.com/activate

and i tried to look for enable card processing, but i can find options in the dashboard

I will be glad if you can set this up for me, and it will be a pleasure to read from you soon

Message 44 of 46

can't*

Message 45 of 46
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for providing this information.

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community. For assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 46 of 46