x

No donation button on the master dashboard

I don't see a donation button on the master dashboard. And I have a multiple bussines account, so why can't I create a donation button? OpenCodez LLC is a web design company, so we need the ability to make a donation button at anytime or any customer. Thank you for your understanding and reponse.

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The only way to create a donation button where the customer can enter there own amount is via the Square online store.  Check out this thread. https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Square-for-a-non-profit-setting-up-online-store-...

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The only way to create a donation button where the customer can enter there own amount is via the Square online store.  Check out this thread. https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Square-for-a-non-profit-setting-up-online-store-...

Message 2 of 19

This thread no longer exists.

Message 3 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @CharleneMarsh - we are not sure what you mean here. Is there any question we can help answer for you?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 19

Yes.  How do I add a Donate button to my WordPress website?  The thread in this link above is gone.  Every other solution I have found does not reflect what I see in my Dashboard.  It shouldn't be this hard!  And right now many businesses need a Donate button to survive.

Message 5 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying that, @CharleneMarsh. So sorry for the confusion.

This might be a better question for WordPress Support since it involves making a button using their software. We can only help with Square software on the Seller Community.

We offer an eCommerce integration for WordPress sites through WooCommerce. Also WooCommerce, provides technical support for the integration. 

The offered answer above was a suggestion to use the Square Online store in lieu of a WordPress.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Joe
Message 6 of 19

I already have Square integrated into my Wordpress website.  Trying to find a way to add the Donate button.  The only plugin I have found costs $$$ and I am not going to do that right now.  The free plugins are for PayPal(ugh) but they don't seem to work properly.  The short code sends the visitor to the Homepage, not the Donation page!  Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 19
Beta Member

On your Square dashboard go to Online Store -> Website -> Edit Site -> Add Section -> Donation

OR,  go to your online store click on Add -> Item and choose "Donation" under item type.

Message 8 of 19

When I click on the Online Store in the left sidebar(the only place I see it) it bizarrely takes me to this URL:  https://www.weebly.com/app/front-door/onboarding#/fulfillment

I have a Wordpress website!

I do not have a Square online store.  I have square integrated into my own online store on my WordPress website.  So the option to Add>Item and choose "Donation" does not exist. 

If I click Item > Add Item there is no option for "Donation".

Message 9 of 19
Beta Member

Sorry @CharleneMarsh I misunderstood.  I have a WP website and have a square online store linked on it and thought that's what you had also.  You can use that link you posted to open your Square online store.  I guess you could open a Square online store and have "Donate" be the only item.  You can put a link to it somewhere on your WP website. 

Message 10 of 19

Okay, thanks, that's a good idea.  I'll try that.

Message 11 of 19
Alumni

Hey @CharleneMarsh,

If you are still having difficulty after attempting the steps above, please reply to this thread.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 12 of 19

When I click on Online Store it takes me to https://www.weebly.com/app/front-door/onboarding#/fulfillment.

When I try to set up from this link it wants me to select a full built out store or a single page.  So I select the single page and it wants me to log into Weebly to proceed.  Looks like a free website builder for the Square store.  That is so far from what I want. 

What I really want is a BUTTON to put in my global header.

When I click on Set up Guide I have most things set up -- don' t need the hardware --but I still don't see where/how to add the Donate button! 

I'm a little concerned that if I proceed to connect a Square Store (if I can figure out how to do it) that it will conflict with my Woocommerce Square plugin that I use on my site for checkout.

Very exasperating.  I've spent hours on this. 

Message 13 of 19
Alumni

It looks like @Stanley was suggesting that you build out your Square online store, but only offer one item: the donate item. You would create the donate item following these steps, and include a link to your Square online store on your WordPress website for people to donate, @CharleneMarsh. This shouldn't conflict with your WooCommerce Square plugin, as you'd simply be adding a hyperlink to your website to direct customers to donate through your Square online store.

At this time, there is not a way to create a button to place directly onto your WordPress website using Square's software. As @Joe mentioned, we're only able to help with Square software here. You'll want to reach out directly to WordPress Support if you'd like to have the ability to make a donation button using their software.

Valentina
Message 14 of 19

Hi, I am also trying to view that link that you provided regarding the non-profit online store, but when I click on the link it states I can not read the thread, it has either been moved or access is denied... 

We are a non-profit and have been using square for years. thank you.

Message 15 of 19
Alumni

@MLAC - you can read more about how to accept donations through your online store in this thread where @nika provided some direction. Please let us know here in this thread if any questions come up!

Valentina
Message 16 of 19

I do not have a Square online store.  I have an online store on my own WordPress website with Square as my processor.  I never found a solution to put a Square donate button on my website.  I ended up using the GiveWP plugin and connecting it to a Stripe account.

Message 17 of 19
Alumni

Understood, @CharleneMarsh! This short response of mine was the answer to a question @MLAC asked here. I think you may have missed my response to your question. You can scroll up just a tad to see where I answered your question separately - you should be able to find my response directly under your last post.

Valentina
Message 18 of 19

Having a donate button would be GREAT! I use Square for my shop in California and I would like to have a donate button to help Fire Victims.

Message 19 of 19