x

Online Order Alert and Upcoming Orders

I have been working on our online store, and during testing I have been having some trouble. 

1. The online order notification window does not appear consistently on our register. I did a test this morning and I was informed by our baristas that the alert never popped up! This is the 3rd time I have had the same report, but it appears to be sporadic.

1. When I place an order for a "future pickup" time, including one that is over a week out, it does not appear in the "Upcoming" section like it is, apparently, supposed to. If you do not notice the order time on the ticket, you can waste product by processing an order immediately that is due for a future day...

Does anyone use the store feature and, perhaps, have some insight? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Same problem here. The notification pop-up appears on screen but only for a few seconds and then disappears. If we're not in front of the iPad at the time it comes in we'll miss the notification and won't prepare the pick-up order. Very frustrating!

Message 2 of 6

@littlegrocery1 I was able to at least assist the baristas noticing by doing a little background magic. Whereever the notification email is sent (assuming it's not a dedicated mailbox) you can auto forward the message to a dedicated mailbox for your register (I'm using a unique apple ID as the email) and then have the email alert popup for the mail app and it stays until dismissed.

It is not perfect but it has helped some.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

We've dealt with all these things for half our clients and ended up building our own Custom Fulfillment KDS, which is integrated with Square. And, we're an official Square Partner company. 

Our solution was designed to help you handle orders, deal with pickups and even deliveries easy and simple. 

We've built in:

• real-time updating of new orders (with sound)
  • push notification alerts for new orders (with sound) 
  • works with one location or many
  • 3 phases: Received | In Process | Fulfilled
  • You can reject orders (like if it's out of stock) 
  • We built in 2 new Order Types: Pickup, Delivery
  • Click-to-call, Click-to-text and Click-to-email Customer
  • You can assign the Order Queue to multiple devices
  • Made for and works as an App on any iOS or Android Devices
  • It'll work on any flat screen KDS too
  • Lots more...

Scroll to the bottom of this page, where you see the blue background color and look for the text "CUSTOM FULFILLMENT KDS"

https://getpreorder.com/square-pos

- Ken

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 4 of 6

I have the website setup, but I am wondering if there is an app that will notify me when someone has made a purchase.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @createdbyavwill

I moved your post over to thread where @PreOrder_App with some helpful tips on getting those notifications. 

Other sellers have had success using them too! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6