x

Online Store: How do I set up a multi buy discount option for my store?

Ok so I have set up the multi buy discount option on my square terminal but can't seem to get it to work on my website. What am I  missing or does it just not cross over. 

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @thenappywork thanks for asking! Are you referring to conditional discounts that apply on your Terminal based on the specific items you apply to your cart? If so, that feature does not cross over to the online store at this time. It is a popular feature request, so we are tracking all incoming feedback regarding it. I will be sure to surface this with our team too. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Best Answer

Hi @thenappywork thanks for asking! Are you referring to conditional discounts that apply on your Terminal based on the specific items you apply to your cart? If so, that feature does not cross over to the online store at this time. It is a popular feature request, so we are tracking all incoming feedback regarding it. I will be sure to surface this with our team too. 

AshleyK
Message 2 of 16

when will this option be available?  it would be amazingly helpful

Message 3 of 16

We don't have a date for when this feature will be available as it isn't on the road map for us yet, but we will be sure to post an update as soon as it is ready.

AshleyK
Message 4 of 16

I would like to know about this availability as well. Without this feature, my Square online store is on hold.

Message 5 of 16

@SteveYosh I'm sorry to hear about this feature holding up your online store. Please know we are working to release as many online store features as we can, but I do not have a timeline for when this will be released. 

AshleyK
Message 6 of 16

@AshleyK we need the multibuy discount feature too in our online store - DESPARATELY!

How can we ask our customers to pay full price when they're buying 2 or more matching tumblers?

Any updates on this feature please?

Message 7 of 16

This would be an amazing feature to add to my online store as well! I would love to offer my customers a 'buy 2 get 1 free' deal on certain product ranges.

It seems like many of us would like this feature to be available sooner rather than later since it's been a topic of discussion for quite some time now. Can we get an ETA on this at all please?

Message 8 of 16

While we don't have an ETA for this feature at the moment, we'll update this thread once it's available @Wellspringlife!

We appreciate your feedback, and feature requests like this influence new features. Square Online Release Notes are frequently updated, and you can find the most recent June releases here. We'll be sure to tag you in this thread to notify you of any updates as well 👍

Message 9 of 16

I am using square for our school PTA.  We sell memberships at different tiered levels and offer incentives for people to up their membership level.  

Example: 

$100 Platinum Membership - includes 4 free spirit shirts ($60 value) 

I am trying to figure out how to add this discount code so all items must be in the cart for the discount to work.  

Currently, someone could use the discount code without adding both the membership and shirts, and still receive the $60 discount. 

Essentially they could add the shirts to their cart and not add the membership and be able to use the code and get the shirts for free because it still allows the discount to go through.  Or if they are forgetful and purchase the membership but don't add the shirts, there is nothing to stop them from checking out and not receiving what they are supposed to get. 

Does this make sense?  

Message 10 of 16

Hey @spartapta,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question about using conditional discounts with the Square Store.

Unfortunately the Square Store doesn't have the same discount options as regular Point of Sale does with conditional discounts like this so it wouldn't be something you're able to offer at this time. 

It's currently a feature request we're tracking and reporting to our Weebly team.

Ashley C
Message 11 of 16

Have there been any updates to this?  I am a new customer and would like to know if this is being taken care of.  It's very damping on sales if we can't use the discount feature with the online store

Message 12 of 16

Hi @jimh6162 - thanks for reaching out here and checking in on this outstanding Feature Request. No updates to share on this one, just yet. As soon as we do, we will reach back out to everyone here on this thread and notify each of the edits.

Thanks so much for your patience!

Joe
Message 13 of 16
Beta Member

It's April 2021 and still waiting on Conditional Discounts to be added to the online Square Store. This has been a request since at least 2017 if not before. Where is it on the list of releases? We are patiently waiting....still!!

Message 14 of 16

In trying to set up a discount to apply when a minimum quantity of a specific category is purchased I can set up the discount easily for use in store but similar options are not available to create a "synced" or similar discount using the same variables in the online store ... the POS allows discounts on minimum quantity of items (but not a minimum $ amount) in specific categories, the online store will allow a minimum dollar amount but will not filter this for specific categories. Making the options for creating the discount/coupons the same for both platforms would ease alot of frustration on our parts until you are able to automatically sync discounts between both platforms. 

Message 15 of 16

Hi @grfarm,

Thank you for writing back into the community and taking the time to highlight this feature request! I've moved your post to this thread, where we're tracking this feature request. We'll update you on any news here 😊👍 

Message 16 of 16