x
Beta Member

Online store not sending email or text confirmations

Is anyone having trouble with customers saying their not getting order confirmation emails or texts when their order is ready?  I've taken down our online system as of Friday afternoon because we've had a rash of customers saying they've not receive confirmation emails or texts.  Since we are a restaurant, I'm getting tired of refunding customers for food we've made that just sits (losing twice).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Chubbys,

We were experiencing an outage with customer notifications for Online Store orders that has since been resolved.

Customers will receive their text/email notifications as usual moving forward. We do apologize for the disruption.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Until Square provides the proper SPF and DKIM records setup for sendgrid.net, Online Store order confirmation emails will be discarded/marked as spam for most customers email providers. 

This needs to be reviewed and fixed ASAP

Message 3 of 8

Where does this change request stand?  I just tested an online purchase from my store and the order confirmation went to spam.  It was also reformatted to text and it looks awful.  Is there a way to fix this?

Message 4 of 8
Alumni

Have you tried contacting our team directly by phone so they can take a closer look with you, @NSF?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

Hi Valentina,

Yes, I ended up calling Square support yesterday and spoke with Syd.  We tried a number of tests and made a some changes but the order confirmation email always went to spam.  The tests showed that there were other Square emails that went to spam as well.  She told me she was going to contact someone and get back to me.  Thank you for asking.

Message 6 of 8

Hey just wondering you go this resolved? I am looking for the dog / dkim settings to add to my domain to fix this issue…. Did they tell you what they are? Or do I have to wait to get a reply from support…

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Eattastebox,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your confirmation emails. Can you let us know whether your website is hosted with Square, or elsewhere? Are you receiving Square's emails, or are only customer confirmation emails impacted? I'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Message 8 of 8