x
Beta Member

Order Notification Noise via Weebly

Hi. Has anyone else lost the Weebly order notification “Ker Ching” noise that happens when an order comes through?  Mine stopped working last week.  I’ve checked the notification settings in the Weebly app and in my phone/iPad settings and nothing has changed there.   I am getting notifications by email so all is not lost but it’s good to have the noise too. 

Grateful for advice. 

Alison

Message 1 of 26
Report Inappropriate Content
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Hi @Walkersmiths, thanks for surfacing this! Our team are aware of the issue and they are working to resolve this as soon as possible. I'll be sure to share an update on this thread when I have more information. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 26
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply. Glad it’s not just me doing something silly!

Message 3 of 26
Admin

Hey @Walkersmiths, sorry that this has taken a bit longer than expected to be resolved! Our team are still working on a resolution right now. Once I have an update, I'll be sure to follow-up on this thread and let you know. 

Tra
Message 4 of 26
Beta Member

Thanks for the update. 

Message 5 of 26

Hi guys! 

Can anyone help me 🙈 I have downloaded the square and weebly app on my phone just for everyday use. I was happy to hear the “cha-chinggg” noise for an order but it stopped working after a day! And i cant seem to get it back, i loved the sound it was handy! Now we have to manually check orders or keep an eye on our emails. I have tried to make sure the notifications are enabled on both apps but nothing seems to work 

Message 6 of 26
Admin

Hi @ARMelts, thanks for reaching out! This is actually a known issue and our team are working on a fix. Once I have more information on when the fix is rolling out, I'll be sure to follow-up on this thread.

Tra
Message 7 of 26

Ahhhh okay thats fine! Thanks a lot for the quick response! It was working first day we joined & from the second day it stopped, wasn’t sure if it was something i had done but no problem at all thanks for responding! Hope its resolved soon!

cheers 

Rhys

Message 8 of 26
Beta Member

Hi. Is there any news on this issue please as it’s been over two weeks since I reported the order notification noise not working. 

It would be really helpful if this could be reinstated as soon as possible. 

Thank you. 

Message 9 of 26
Admin

Apology that this has taken longer than expected to resolve @Walkersmiths! I've reached out to the team again for an update; I'll definitely update this thread once I have more information as to when a fix is rolled out.

Tra
Message 10 of 26
Beta Member

This issue is still not resolved and its been nearly a month since I reported it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting frustrated its taking so long to fix?  An indication of exactly when it will be working again would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 26
Beta Member

please let me know the latest with this issue because it’s been and continues to be a HUGE problem for clients trying to schedule product pickups curbside. If we don’t compulsively check the app we miss orders and it just looks so unprofessional. 

Julie Hafer
Message 12 of 26
Admin

Hey @allenw, really sorry to hear this! From the latest update, the issue should have been resolved in late January. Do you have any pending update for the Weebly app? If not, can you let me know the exact version of the app and the device you are using it on (is it an iPhone or Android)?

Tra
Message 13 of 26
Beta Member

The weebly app hasn’t worked for me in over six monthsx I’ve erased and re-downloaded it numerous times, doesn’t matter.. It won’t even let me log in (see below). I was hoping the actual Square app was capable of sound notifications with orders. 

B3CDC6F8-0ED3-4F4F-8468-C74B28F07958.jpeg

Julie Hafer
Message 14 of 26
Admin

Hey @allenw, I completely understand your frustrating. The error in the screenshot is a different issue; this usually show if a second site was created on the account at some point in time.

There should be a sound notification on the Square app for upcoming/new orders as well. However, you do need to have the Square app open on your device at all time in order to get order notifications. If you have the app open and still not getting the order noise, can you let me know the exact version of the Square app you are using? 

Tra
Message 15 of 26
Beta Member

The only sound notifications is when you click to open the app. How is that at all helpful? The weebly app pushed a ding through regardless of whether you were currently looking at the app. That’s what’s helpful. Is it that hard? How can I be allowed access to the old weebly app? I only have one site right now. 

Julie Hafer
Message 16 of 26
Beta Member

I mean seriously. You have to compulsively check the app. There’s no need for a sound if you can SEE the order. At that point it’s irrelevant and useless. I truly do not understand why you even bothered with the sound feature if it doesn’t get pushed through. 

Julie Hafer
Message 17 of 26

I'm having the same issue

Message 18 of 26
Admin

Hi @vegansoulbakery, thanks for contacting us! Apology for all the inconvenience caused by this - the team are still working on this at the moment. I hope to have an update soon; once I do, I'll be sure to share it in this thread here. 

Tra
Message 19 of 26
Beta Member

Hi

This issue is still not resolved and its been nearly a month since I reported it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting frustrated its taking so long to fix?  An indication of exactly when/if it will be working again would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 20 of 26
Admin

Apology that I missed your message @Walkersmiths! I've checked in with the team about this and unfortunately it's still an ongoing bug at the moment. The team are actively working to get the issue resolve but I do not have any further update right now.

For the moment, the best alternative would be to use the normal Square Point of Sale app to monitor order notifications. When you have the app open, it'll alert you to new orders and it does make a noise as well. 

Again, my sincere apology for all the inconvenience caused by this. 

Tra
Message 21 of 26