x

POS and Dashboard not syncing

I'm having an issue where items have stopped syncing between Square POS and Square Dashboard. I've tried changing details on items on both, and they're not showing up on the other (while normally any changes made are pretty much instant). This appears to have started in the last 15 minutes, as changes I made before that are working fine. Has something changed today?

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Hi @PLHLtd,

Do you have Square Sync enabled?

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 7

I thought Square Sync was only for syncing items between Dashboard and Online?

I haven't changed any settings. I've been making changes to items in my store all afternoon (mostly updating SKUs and titles), and would immediately see the changes on the POS app on our iPad (using a Square Stand). Suddenly it stopped doing that, and now any change I make to an item - whether on POS or Dashboard - does not show on the other. It has ground my workflow to a halt.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of Square Sync, just thought it may be worth a try.

@Sam_400ยบ you're more POS oriented, would you have any idea what the issue may be?

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@PLHLtd I would also recommend verifying you're signed into the same location on your Point of Sale app. I see this most often when sellers have more than one location, or don't enable their items for "all locations."

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

I haven't changed my location, and I'm editing the SKUs on existing items, not creating new ones - so no location issues there. I'm definitely logged into the right location (having just checked for my own sanity). And to stress, I did not change any settings. It was working, and then suddenly it wasn't.

The items in question already existed and are still showing up on both systems - just the changes aren't syncing between them. For example, I'm in the process of changing SKUs from three letters and a few numbers to the full 12 digit barcodes. Normally I scan them on the POS system and press Save, and it then updates it on Dashboard when I look at the item afterward. Now the changes I make on the POS app are only showing on the POS side. I tried doing it the other way - changing the SKU on Dashboard, save, and checking it in POS - and again, the previous SKU is still showing, even a few hours later, while the new SKU is showing in Dashboard where I made the change.

As a further test, I've created a new item in Dashboard. I can still find it in Dashboard, the location is correct, but I cannot find that newly created product in my POS. I have done the exact same process I have done many times before without any difference, but something now simply isn't working the way it's supposed to.

(I have also tried logging out and logging in, and closing and re-opening both app and browser, no change.)

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

I know this doesnโ€™t help you but I added two new items in square online, site items, yesterday,  and they synced to POS straight away. Just shows that it doesnโ€™t seem to be a system issue. Could your wifi be connecting to the wrong one? Mine sometimes connects to my label printer without me realising until I find related problems.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 7 of 7