x

POS negative inventory alert

I do not have low stock alerts for any of my products. But m square POS has started popping up messages that say "Low Stock. The quantity selected for this item exceeds the current stock. By continuing, your stock count will become negative." How do I turn this off if low stock alerts are already disabled?

I sell some items in the negative because I do not track inventory for them, such as services like repotting. Or if I have not entered the last invoice for a certain item, the negative count reminds me to do so. Therefore, making up an inventory count an adjusting later is not an option.

Please tell me how to turn it off. It's very annoying. I have a number of invoices that have yet to be entered & a number of "items" I do not track.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @GLG

Before I have you reach out to CS Team - Is this Low Stock Alert showing for all items or certain items you are adding to the invoices? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

@Kassi_ Just now catching up on all my Square help threads. 

I think it is showing only for items that have negative stock. Again, this never happened before a couple of months ago. It started when there was either a Square update or I started syncing with Weebly. I'm not sure. These last few months have been a blur of panic & confusion. All I know is it started doing it, it's annoying, & stocks alerts for every item are disabled.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I have the opposite problem, I need Square to pop up and stop my employees from ringing in items that are In negative inventory!

An easy work-around for your situation would be to set  your Stock for all items that you don’t want to actually track at 999. I do this for deposits, etc. that don’t need to be tracked.

Message 4 of 4