x

Why do I still have pending cash transactions in the POS app?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator for clarity.]

How do you get rid of pending cash transactions in the Point of Sale app on ipad? It's always connected to wifi but they have been there for about 2 weeks.

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Bearcat666 If the payment is still showing as pending in the app could you try connecting your device to a different wifi source? Or if you're at home could you try rebooting your wifi? If you're still having trouble with this payment go ahead and contact our Support team directly. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

I did a transaction on Sunday September 17th  for $45 and I have yet to receive my money and its the 20th now of September what is going on, where is my money!!!!!

Message 2 of 19

Hello @Oldmillgourment, it sounds like you took some cash payments in offline mode. Have you tried connecting your device to a different internet source? These payments should upload automatically. 

@alewiscuts, have you checked your Deposit Report to make sure this payment was sent to your linked bank account? This report can be useful when it comes to correlating payments. 

If you still have questions I'll keep an eye out for your replies! 😀

Message 3 of 19

Yes I have done all of that like I said I used it Sunday the 17th for $45 and I have not received my payment yet I used it Tuesday and I got my payment the next day on Wednesday, I am still missing my Sunday payment of $45

Message 4 of 19

Mine was a cash payment. Not card. So I got the cash. But it says the payment is still pending. 

Cant log out of the app. I’ve restarted the app and the phone. I’m on a WiFi network. 

Message 5 of 19
Admin

Best Answer

@Bearcat666 If the payment is still showing as pending in the app could you try connecting your device to a different wifi source? Or if you're at home could you try rebooting your wifi? If you're still having trouble with this payment go ahead and contact our Support team directly. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 19

It ended up correcting itself after like two days, but none of those remedies did anything. 

Thank you for the reply, anyway. 

Message 7 of 19

Pending transaction is cash . Does not show up anywhere and I can’t remove or delete the transaction off the screen . I am able to ring future transactions but it still shows started transaction .

Message 8 of 19
Admin

@jpdogwash1 Just want to make sure I'm understanding- are you trying to clear out a transaction amount that you've entered on your Point of Sale app?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 19

A payment has been pending since late november.  I've tried a few different things...calling the square number several times with no luck.  Help please

Message 10 of 19

Interesting @alewiscuts, I would recommend contacting your bank and inquiring about the deposit. If you give our Support Team a call they can provide you with a reference number to help track it down! 

Message 11 of 19

I literally called about 15 times and the number code I was given was rejected each time!  So frustrating not to be able to speak to a live person to help you with things.  Not everyone is literate with electronics...(me)...

Message 12 of 19
Alumni

Hi @maryruehle - How did you try contacting us? We just tried your customer code and it's working! 

Here are instructions for getting your customer code and Square's phone number:

• Visit the Contact Us Page
  • Select a topic 
  • Select the issue
  • Click on "I Don't See my Issue" and choose to call us.

You will see your customer code on that last page. Please double check the number - it's pretty long so typos can happen.

Hope this helps!

Message 13 of 19

I did contact my bank regarding the deposit.  Square says, "unable to process at this time"

Message 14 of 19

Update...Transaction completed today.   Whew!

Message 15 of 19

On September 13th, (a Sunday), I was unable to get internet connection, so was forced to use my Square for a credit card sale OFFLINE.  Afterwards, I was able to get internet connection, so took Square Off the OFFLINE mode (to be online again and for all my sales to continue processing).  It is now Tuesday September 15th and that particular sale is still pending transfer.  What do I need to do to complete this transfer of funds to my bank?  Thank you.

Message 16 of 19
Alumni

Hmm, I'd reach out CS for them to look. If they're not able to push that payment through, then they'll create a ticket for our Payments Engineering Team to investigate. @Shezzy

https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 19

We just noticed that we have 33 pending CASH transactions, only on one device, that haven't been recorded as sales or items taken out of inventory. However, the cash drawer is keeping tally (which is why we didn't notice until now) so at some level they're being recorded. Each of these pending cash transactions cannot be found on any other device or on the desktop. HELP.

Message 18 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @3DogsandaChick - Welcome back to our Seller Community.

Sorry to hear about your pending transactions. This is something that needs to be looked at in detail. We recommend giving our Support Team a call so they can pull up your account and provide account specifics. You can contact us between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 19 of 19