x

Point of Sale app: How do I get the numeric keypad up to enter a custom amount?

Today when I went  use a clients card there was no way to enter the amount of the charge. No way to get the numeric keypad up. I always enter the card manually since I don't use it often. The client actually worked some magic and went into another field and created a way to pay. But in the past I've always been able to enter the amount of the charge right off.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear you had problems with this charge @ladysands555 but I'm glad your customer was able to help in the end! 

To bring up the the numeric keypad, tap the icon in the bottom left of the screen (indicated by the green box below). I think it looks a bit like a calculator:

If you're not seeing this icon, as @cmbutl advised (thank you!), troubleshooting the app should get you back up and running. Check out this Support Center article for Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps! 

And finally, just to confirm, the fee for manually entering a transaction is 3.5% + 15c

I hope this helps but let me know if you still need help or if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Please realize when you enter a card number manually, there is a higher rate charged. My husband, who is in IT, would say shut everything off, and reboot the computer. It could have just been a glitch in the system. A reboot usually fixes all of my problems.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear you had problems with this charge @ladysands555 but I'm glad your customer was able to help in the end! 

To bring up the the numeric keypad, tap the icon in the bottom left of the screen (indicated by the green box below). I think it looks a bit like a calculator:

If you're not seeing this icon, as @cmbutl advised (thank you!), troubleshooting the app should get you back up and running. Check out this Support Center article for Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps! 

And finally, just to confirm, the fee for manually entering a transaction is 3.5% + 15c

I hope this helps but let me know if you still need help or if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3