x
Beta Member

Point of Sale app: Sales report saving 'This Device Only' as the default

The sales report on the Square app suddenly stopped working for me about a week ago. When I go to the report it just days no transactions for this time period. It does this for every date I try. I've had to log onto the Square website from my phone to see actual sales report data which is very inconvenient. I tried uninstalling the app & reinstalling it. That worked for about an hour then I started having the same problem. 

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks @RHatch - good tip! 

Update: I've just heard from our Engineering team that they are aware of this issue and they are working to fix it. The app should default to whatever setting you have saved, but right now (as you've seen) there's an issue where it'll default to the 'This Device Only'. The fix for this will be included in the next version of the app and that will be released as soon as next week.

I'm really sorry for the confusion this caused and I'll post here to let you know when that version is available. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Good2Go! Welcome to the Community.

It sounds like you might be logged in to the wrong account on the app or possibly started a new account from the app on accident. 

Can you log out and log in to whatever you're using to login on the website and see if it still has this issue?

And if so, please send us a screenshot so we can take a look too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

I know I'm logged in correctly because I can see my entire product library. Just for kicks I logged out & logged back in & still have the same problem. We had sales yesterday but they won't show up on the app. They'll show up if I log in online though. 

Sales show online but not in the appSales show online but not in the app

Screenshot_20190711-113036_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Screenshot_20190711-113042_Square Point of Sale.jpg

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

So when you go to select the timeframe, it still doesn't show anything?

Sorry I got confused by the screenshot of it showing the Sales and then the one of it not. 

It's also weird that un-installing it and re-installing it made it work for an hour and then went back to not working.

This may be something our Support Team needs to look into to file a ticket for.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12

I have the exact same problem & didthe same thing but it didn't work at all. It works on our pad but not on the phone? 

Message 5 of 12
Admin

@Good2Go @Gingerstreet This is strange. When you have time can you try deleting and reinstalling the app from your phones? It sounds like you've signed out and sign back in again but if you you delete it that should help. 

Note: Don't delete the app if you have pending payments in Offline Mode or those sales won't be uploaded. Also, make a note of your email address and password so you can sign back in when you reinstall the app from the App store.

If 'This Device Only' is still defaulting ON please reply here to let me know what iPhone you have and what version of iOS you have too. From your iPhone Settings tap General > then tap About > make a note of the Software Version.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks @RHatch - good tip! 

Update: I've just heard from our Engineering team that they are aware of this issue and they are working to fix it. The app should default to whatever setting you have saved, but right now (as you've seen) there's an issue where it'll default to the 'This Device Only'. The fix for this will be included in the next version of the app and that will be released as soon as next week.

I'm really sorry for the confusion this caused and I'll post here to let you know when that version is available. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

I see you have the "The Device Only" toggled on, so the device you're viewing is the only one you're using to process sales?

Judy T Shumway
Message 8 of 12
Beta Member

That was the problem! I use my phone to check sales when I'm away, but we use a Square stand to ring in orders. But the problem isn't fully solved.  I've never clicked "device only", and it is now defaulting to "device only" on my phone even after stopping the app or restarting my phone. This never happened before. I would just tap on reports then sales and it showed our sales. How do I get the app to stop defaulting to "device only"?

Message 9 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

Instead of the app you may try Square Dashboard app for your phonoe.  This app lets you see sales and hours, etc.  very handy for managing your business.

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

I don't see a Square app called Dashboard. I have the Square POS app & it has info like you are talking about though. I can log into the Square Dashboard website from my phone but it's more convenient & faster to use the phone app.

Message 11 of 12
Admin

@Good2Go If you search in the App Store, you should see an app called Dashboard. The app looks has a purple graph on a white background. But like @ Helen mentioned, this should be fixed in the next app update, which should be coming soon!

After you're able to do the app update, definitely keep us posted if you continue to run into this issue!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 12 of 12