x

Printer connect/disconnect pop up constant

As I sent into Square support:

We get a constant popup telling us Wifi Printer connects and then disconnects. We only use a USB printer (connected to our Square Stand USB hub). We are on a network with many other vendors so it seems there may be a rogue printer but other Square users don't appear to have the issue (I've asked at least 6 of them). I tried both beta app and the official app. Tried restarting iPad, unplugging... Tried disconnecting all the printers in the settings... it's really an issue as it interferes anytime we are using the keyboard to enter customers phone number or type anything.

Only thing that fixes is it is connecting to my own private network but that is not ideal as it's much slower and not very robust.

Been going on for a month probably, have expected it to work itself out but no luck! No known cause for when it began.

Maybe somebody else has experienced and resolved this or a similar issue?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @innaskitchen, welcome to the Seller Community! 

This is an interesting issue. Have you tried deleting and re-installing the Square Point of Sale App? Also have you been able to locate the rogue printer? 

We might have to loop in our Engineering Team on this one. Please let me know if deleting and reinstalling the App helps. 

If not, please reach out directly to our Support Team. We will get this fixed! 😀

Message 2 of 7

Note, I think this issue was fixed not long after I spoke with you, or your technical team over the phone. Good job, thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@innaskitchen Glad to hear everything worked out. Let us know if you need anything else 👍🏼

Message 4 of 7

We just purchased the TSP143LAN printer for our new store and are having the same issue. The printer is connected directly to the router using the provided Ethernet cable.  The router is a netgear router,(maybe 3 years old). I have gone through the connection process, tested the printer and cash drawer and everything was working. We went into the store the next day and the printer had used all the paper printing the error "no host connection" or something similar. I followed the trouble shooting process and turned everything off and reconnected every thing(not using the Sqare Stand, using an iPad on a basic stand).

The ipad is connected to the same wifi network that the printer is connected to(via the cable).

Once I re-cabled everything it started spitting out the error messages again. Makes it very difficult to and interupts sales when trying to print the receipt and the printer is saying its not connected.

Any one else having this issue or have a fix for it?

Message 5 of 7

I have the same problem. Suddenly the Star TSP100 shows a constant error pop-up saying "Please check the printer's network connection. Affected print jobs: sales report" or for transaction printing: "H45g".

All other computers and the Square itself have no network problem and of course I checked cables and reset modems several times.

Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 7

Hello @petraluh, that sounds super weird! I've never heard of this happening before. I think for this issue you might want to reach out to Star Micronics Support Team

Message 7 of 7