x

Problems uploading inventory to Square - Errors

Everytime I upload my inventory, I get this message. Please help me.

The item library requires that all item variations within the same item share the same description. Please confirm that the descriptions match for the following rows: [13 14 15 16 17 [Redacted]3 24 30].

These are clothing items in different sizes. So the variation name are the sizes. Am I doing this correctly. I'm a bit lost.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Rezza, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering with uploading your inventory. I can't access and share account-specifics in our online forums, but these general troubleshooting tips may help get this resolved: Import Item Library Troubleshooting

If not, please let our Customer Success Team know. They will be able to take a deeper dive into your settings and make sure everything gets uploaded correctly. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Is there a way to override the inventory management errors when uploading your inventory from excel?  I have been going line by line for 5 hours and it's killing me.  I still can't upload our inventory.  I have the following cells in excel: Quantity, Skew #, Item, Description, Vendor, Cost, 
Price.

I keep getting errors that the variation name and the item description need to be the same.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mwmurphy2! Welcome to the Community.

I merged your post with an existing one in the Community with the same question.

Check out @Tom 's answer above for troubleshooting and a link to reach out to our CS team to take a closer look if those don't work. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4