x

Is there "recurring appointment" option in Square Appointments?

I am a nail tech and most of my clients are recurring appointments. On StyleSeat I'm able to choose where they come back weekly or every 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks and so on. Does square also have this option?

Message 1 of 79
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This thread has been updated to reflect the correct steps, as they have changed since an answer was originally posted here.

You can absolutely schedule recurring appointments using Square Appointments, right from the Calendar tab in your Square Dashboard! 

Follow these steps to create a set of repeating appointments:

1. Click Create Appointment in the top right-hand corner.
  2. Enter your client's information in the Client Information section.
  3. Within the Appointment Details section, check the box next to the word Repeat. Checking this box will create a new field titled End Repeating, where you can choose for the appointment to recur for a certain number of appointments, or until a specific date.
  4. Fill in the remaining details on this screen, and click Save

Learn more about this in our Support Center - reach out if you need any help!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I set recurring biweekly availability for appointments without manually entering each week." The author has been notified via email.

My availability is different every other week, both days and times.  Is there a way it can be entered once, then applied every other week?  Or do I have to enter each day manually?  For instance, I have people with standing appointments every 2 weeks.  When I attempt to set the appointment as recurring, it won 't allow it because my availability isn't set beyond the current week.  TIA

Message 43 of 79

Howdy folks! I'd like to know how to set up repeat (reoccurring or stand in) appointments. It lets me set it up but NOT on a certian day, ex: Ccustomer wants every 4 weeks on a friday. It will set up 4 weeks but doesn't end up on a friday. Please help 

Kind Reguards,

Alvin♡

Message 44 of 79
Alumni

Hi @ATHairSalon - I've moved your post over here. It looks like with monthly appointments, it sticks to the date of the original appointment so you can't track it to a specific day.

However, customers can now create their own accounts for appointments allowing them to manage their calendars. See more here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/New-Customer-Accounts-are-coming-to-Square-Appoin...

Message 45 of 79

This reply was created by merging the thread "Client recurring appointments".

Can a client set his/her recurring appointments or do I have to do it from the dashboard?

Message 46 of 79

Hello @DanATL, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

I went ahead and merged your thread with this one since we're tracking this feature request. Right now only you will be able to book recurring appointments for your clients. 

Message 47 of 79

Hi there, 

I see this thread goes back to 2017- any update on allowing clients to book recurring appointments? Many appointment booking services allow clients to do this, I'm surprised Square hasn't caught up yet. The only thing preventing me from migrating to Square appointments is this functionality- its also prohibiting me from selling gift cards, as I'm currently using Acquity, and while I can link my square business account to acquity, the service does not accept square gift cards as a form of payment. Can you please provide a status update?

Thank you 

Just Clean 

Message 48 of 79
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Justcleanny,

We don't have any updates to share at this time but if an update ever does become available we'll be sure to update the thread!

Ashley C
Message 49 of 79

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I provide desk rental

I need to allow clients to book daily, weekly or monthly how can i do that?

Message 50 of 79
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @TheGoodSpace! At this time you can book daily, weekly, monthly and recurring Appointments from the Calendar but the people renting desks from you won't be able to book those kinds of appointments online. 

I've merged your post into this thread where we're tracking this request, that way you'll be notified automatically of any updates. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 51 of 79

Hello, in the past I have been able to set a recurring appointment for my clients but recently I am having an issue. 

If I set an appointment to repeat once every two weeks or greater, it will always store as an appointment that repeats weekly. I have tried modifying or deleting and repeating the process but continue to have the same issue. This makes it very difficult to manage, please help!! 

Message 52 of 79
Admin

@Chesco

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. We'd want to look at the process you're using to schedule these, and where so you are making the appointment.

I've moved your post to a thread where we've discussed setting up appointments like this. If you are following these steps outlined in Tom's post, on a Google Chrome Browser - we'll want to make sure your iOS and App are fully updated.

Let us know if you are still experiencing issues after looking into updates and the above process. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 53 of 79

Is this option available through square? 

Message 54 of 79
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Dawn1488, @Ayeager81, and @gail2!

I'm moving your posts to a relevant thread on this. 

Check out Page 1 and @Tom's best answer!

Ashley C
Message 55 of 79

Is there a way yet to create reaccuring appointments in the app? Lawn Care and pool service for example that are weekly customers. I would like to block reaccuring service for several months out

Message 56 of 79

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: how do I set up weekly appointments?

How do I set up a client for weekly appointments

Message 57 of 79
Alumni

Hi there, @bstyles1013 - I think you're asking about how to set up recurring weekly appointments for a client. I went ahead and moved your post to this thread so you can see the Best Answer provided here - it describes how you would go about setting up a recurring appointment series!

Valentina
Message 58 of 79

How does a client book e.g. 9am Monday for the next 4 Mondays?

Message 59 of 79
Alumni

While Square offers a recurring appointment feature, the client cannot schedule it on their side. You'll need to set up the appointment for them. 

I moved you to a thread with steps on how to do so. @Irmad

Justin
Message 60 of 79

We need to be able to create recurring appointments please!  Many customers want the same appointment, every two, three, four or 6 weeks..... to sit and create these for an entire year is so time consuming! 

For salon owners like myself to keep paying for Square, these are a must (some have been requested for years now!):

• Recurring appointments
  • Multiple services with different providers on ONE appointment
  • Checkout same day multiple services at once (instead of swiping the card 3 times!)

Please forward this- I only have a couple of weeks left before I leave and pay for another scheduling program that offers these basic functions.

Thank you!

Message 61 of 79

Hi all! I'm trying to add a repeating event for our new workshop, a class that meets once a week, and skips one week to account for Halloween. Is there any way to add this to the calendar? Currently it seems like I have to block off the whole month, which is confusing for students

Message 62 of 79

I agree! I think this would be super helpful! Have a repeat appointment that can be booked by multiple people, prepaid, and happen on a schedule that we create. That would be super helpful for multiple events that we had previously (and hopefully will again) host.

Message 63 of 79