x

Recurring invoice not auto charging - card on file

I have a client with a recurring monthly invoice. She saved her card info and in my customer directory it shows her card is on file. Her new invoice went out 2 days ago, but she was not automatically charged. Please let me know what needs to be done so this is an autocharge.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @sbcr8ive, sorry to hear about the trouble! 

I have a few questions. Have you checked your the Invoice details on the Square Dashboard? If you see invoice has not been viewed or invoice has been viewed at the top of your screen this indicates card on file was not selected as the payment method. 

You can edit the invoice or create a new series if you want to change this.

You can have a customer save their card to your directory on an invoice, but this doesn't necessarily mean the invoice was set up for card on file. 

If you have any questions let me know! I would be happy to help out. 🙂

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi! I too have had trouble with just one (of several that did work) recurring invoice not charging. I looked on the dashboard, and it indicated that the invoice had not been viewed, just as you suggested. I'm in comm with the client now, and hoping he might fwd me a copy of the invoice so I might see what it looks like on their end, so as to better direct clients in the future. Thanks for your reply! 🙂 

Message 3 of 4

Hey @MCDC, please let me know if you run into any trouble! I would be happy to help out. 😀

Message 4 of 4