x

Reprinting Ticket (not order)

Is it possible to reprint a saved ticket from the Square app?  We have the Square stand, with iPad and app (not Square for restaurants app, just the basic app), a USB connected Star Printer (no eth/Wi-Fi) and a cash drawer in a small cafe.  Orders entered directly into the Square stand print a ticket which the cook uses to prepare the order.  However, if a server enters an order on their iPad, it does not print.  Tried setting up a print station but that doesn't show any printers and I think you need a network or Bluetooth connected printer for that (neither an option and no LAN connection and BT would be too far away for reliable comms).  Cafe staff can take an order on their iPad and save the ticket and the ticket can be viewed on the main unit but I cannot see a way to reprint a ticket (would also be useful if the ticket was lost).  I've read other posts that suggest you can go into Tickets, press Edit and tap Reprint ticket but that doesn't show.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @jaseyb257, thanks for sharing this!

You'll first need to ensure tat all devices are running the most up-to-date version of the Square Point of Sale app. In addition to this, there are just a few things I want to check. This will help me look into this further on my end!

• When a server enter the order details and save their tickets, if you open the ticket from the Square Stand and click the down arrow in the top right, do you see the option to print or reprint ticket?
  • When you open a ticket saved by a server on the Stand and save it again, does the ticket print out?

One thing to note that for closed tickets, the option to reprint will only appear if the order was completed in the last 1 hour. If possible, can you share a screenshot of all the options you are seeing when selecting a particular ticket from Tickets and click the drop-down arrow on the top-right corner?

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Hi

Apologies for the delay in responding - cafe customer had been closed due to the pandemic.  After revisiting and looking into this further, tickets created on the servers iPad still do not print.  Once a ticket is created on the servers iPad, if you then go to the main iPad (connected to the printer/square stand etc) and go into tickets, there is no option to re-print a ticket (even though this link says you can - https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/5194-print-order-tickets) .  Regarding the suggestion to open the ticket on the main unit and saving to see if it re-prints, this does not work either.  There are no options at all on the actual ticket if you go back into it apart from entering notes and saving (can't see how to upload screenshot). I think a reprint ticket is a much needed feature because the ticket can get lost or fail to print due to no paper or ticket is unreadable etc.  Instead, it seems the only option is to buy a kitchen printer that works via Wi-Fi, LAN or Bluetooth so it can be setup as a printer station.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for the additional info @jaseyb257! If the iPad and the Point of Sale app are both up to date but the option to reprint open tickets are still not visible, it might be an issue with the app that require further investigation.

When you can, please contact our Support team directly as they'll be look into more account-specific details and help generate diagnostic logs to check the individual tickets. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4