x

Resetting Passcode number

I haven't used the app for a while, because of Covid.  I find I've forgotten the passcode and can't find a way to change it. I can't access anything on the app without it! Help 😜

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Trga, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Is it the 4-digit passcode you need by any chance? If so, you should be able to find it on your Dashboard once you've logged in. It usually comes up under the heading Passcode (Point of Sale).

If you've enabled 2-Step Verification on your account and are unable to login using the authenticator app, please give us a call on 0800 - 098 8008, Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM and our team will be able to help!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Trga, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Is it the 4-digit passcode you need by any chance? If so, you should be able to find it on your Dashboard once you've logged in. It usually comes up under the heading Passcode (Point of Sale).

If you've enabled 2-Step Verification on your account and are unable to login using the authenticator app, please give us a call on 0800 - 098 8008, Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM and our team will be able to help!

Tra
Message 2 of 7

Ah!  Found it 😄  Thanks.

Message 3 of 7

Hey guys please can someone help me. My reader is not accepting my passcode

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Sorry to hear this @Broadway! Is the reader not accepting the 4-digit passcode that's on your Dashboard under Account > Personal InformationIf so, you can try:

• Generate a new passcode and see if you can access the Point of Sale app using it.
  • If that doesn't help, please try deleting and reinstalling the app.

If the issue is happening on other Square hardware like Square Terminal, please try:

• Make sure your device has the latest software. To update your Square Terminal software, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner and select Settings > Hardware. Tap General > About Terminal > Software Update. If you don’t see the option to update your software then you’re all set.

• Reset your Terminal by holding the power button and select Reset Terminal.

• As a last resort, you can try to perform a factory reset. This will not erase any important account information but just the settings on your Terminal. To do so, hold down the power button for 10 seconds until you see a black screen with a count-down timer. Keep holding down the power button on that timer goes to 0 and the screen says you can release the power button.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 5 of 7

The app on my phone was working great but my handheld reader didn’t accept my passcode anymore. Generating a new passcode would not have worked because I could not get into the reader to try and change it. I’ve had to do a factory reset on my device. Is this a common fault?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @Broadway! That's definitely quite strange - has the factory reset help at all in this case?

In the future, you should be able to generate a new code from the Dashboard directly as well. You can do this from Account & Settings > Personal Information > Owner Passcode (Point of Sale).

Tra
Message 7 of 7