x

Sales tax not staying set up

I use Square xynced with Etsy. I discovered quickly that every time I sync with Etsy the sales tax will not be applied to all items. Therefore on the day of the craft fair  before it it starts  I sync with Etsy and make sure the app is set to tax all items. Despite this I still find items not being tax. Usually when I go to collect the money. How can I get the app to maintain the setting to tax all items.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @carolynamu,

Just to be clear, this is happening to items on Square Point of Sale when selling at an event? 

Message 2 of 4

Some added information. This may be an Etsy sync issue. It seems every item I renew will have to have the sales tax info reset. I noticed that while I expect new items not to be covered it will loss the setting on renewed items also. This may explain the loss of sales tax settings during a show since Etsy auto renews items with multiples.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@carolynamu

I really hate to reply with, "This is an Etsy issue," because I don't want imply that someone is at fault - but - our integrations with other companies/Apps etc, are managed and created by those companies to link into our platform.

Fancy way of saying, I would reach out to Etsy support and report this issue to the team. They can look into the integration build and see if there are issues creating this. It sounds like something is over writing your tax settings.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 4