x

Seeking Stylus Compatible with new Square terminal

I recently upgraded to the new Square terminal.  The stylus I had used with my cell phone is not compatible with the screen on the new terminal (it makes no Mark's on the screen).  Can you recommend a brand or type of stylus that will work with the screen on Square's new terminal?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: I just wanted share here that some sellers have found the following styluses effective with Square Terminal:

Stylus single-pack
Stylus multipack

A multipack might be useful if have multiple team members to help avoid cross-sharing between team members. Also consider cleaning each stylus periodically with a disinfectant. 

I hope you're all well.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

I wish Square would come up with a stylus that's compatible with the Register customer facing display too.  I'm not sure if one for the Terminal would also work on the Register.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 11

The Square stand alone terminals do not support the use of a stylus.  Our Salon members and clients prefer a stylus, especially when using the Square Terminal due to its small size.  We are presently in a discussion mode in respect to returning the terminals and returning to the use of Android Tablets for our Salon transactions.  Is anyone else experiencing this challenge with the Stand Alone units?  Thoughts?

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hi @MarcusMJ!

At this time styluses are not supported with Square Terminal. 

I'm really sorry to hear you might return your Terminals. If any styluses are compatible in future we'll let you know here.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 11

With the Coronavirus fears escalating, using a stylus is definitely on my mind and customers' minds. Where do the signatures "go"? What happens if they don't sign?

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @NRWOShop2000! Thanks for adding your voice here in regards to using a stylus. Thank you for being diligent in playing your part to reign in the spread of illness!

Signatures have historically been used as an extra form of verification for purchases, but the use of EMV technology has increasingly limited the need for customer signatures. It is also helpful that Signature Capturing can be removed from your Settings Tab.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Remember too that using a stylus doesn't really do anything if you don't clean it off after every use.

We disabled having our customers sign for any charges several months ago and haven't had any problems at all.

Judy T Shumway
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for the tips, @GlassJudy

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Update: I just wanted share here that some sellers have found the following styluses effective with Square Terminal:

Stylus single-pack
Stylus multipack

A multipack might be useful if have multiple team members to help avoid cross-sharing between team members. Also consider cleaning each stylus periodically with a disinfectant. 

I hope you're all well.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 11

I would love to have a stylus that works with the Square Terminal as well

Message 10 of 11

Thanks for adding your voice here @wldktty! Check out the styluses linked in the best answer for as a workaround for now. 

Message 11 of 11