x
Super Seller

Seller Community - Broken posting

Hi there, probably a post for @Helen here, when I attempt a lot of posts on the seller community where I haven’t added any additional code I am met with this message upon posting

F3E1BC20-88D7-47FC-8446-3CB7FE7DA4D0.png

seems to be an error with filtering, another issue I’ve noticed with filtering is if I share the phone number to square support in the community my post gets banned, please fix this as sometimes it’s important for users to know where to find the help they need. 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 1 of 12
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I'll consider it fixed then, and that it's all good from here unless any reports otherwise...

If any members of the seller community continue to struggle with similar issues to the one above, please feel free to add them to this thread so we can keep all the information together for the developers : )

-Matt

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @MJD, thanks for sharing this! That's really strange; I'm going to look into this further and let our platform developers know as well.

For the phone number at least, they are shared here as well so it might be easier to share a link to this post for now!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 12
Super Seller

When I share links they usually get marked as unsupported HTML so I’ll try but it won’t always be possible, thanks for passing this on for me though.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 12
Admin

Let me flag that to our team as well. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this @MJD!

Tra
Message 4 of 12
Super Seller

I believe that was the original issue with this post (I wasn’t trying to add a phone number to the post in the screenshot) I believe it just doesn’t like the links, it’s like I can no longer update my seller community digital signature as the HTML I originally used is no longer supported so if I try to make sign in blue with “class=“text-primary”” (as I believe sellercommunity.com uses bootstrap 4/5 for the CSS framework) It doesn’t allow me to update it, as well as moving the link as the <a></a> tag is no longer supported in there as well as the hyper-linking feature not being accessible in that input box, would be cool to see the options added there as well though to add more flexibility to the way users can present themselves there.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 5 of 12
Admin

I've added that to the open ticket I have with our platform developers as well. Once I hear back from them, I'll follow up on this thread!

Tra
Message 6 of 12
Admin

Hey @MJD. I'm sorry you were experiencing these issues today and for the delay in this reply. I was able to do some research today: 

1. The 'invalid HTML error' was probably caused by the HTML/other code you added to your signature (I think you knew this already!). Right now you can use basic HTML in your signature and we're looking into adding advanced HTML options in future. 
  2. We have a special spam filter set up for phone numbers. Unfortunately, in the past bad actors were sharing the wrong phone number here in the Community so we had to implement a filter to prevent that from happening. We flagged this to our developers though and it looks like we might be able to make an improvement to allow certain phone numbers. 

So, there is more to come on both of these issues. Thanks again for raising these - we definitely want you to be able to share information about your business in the Community signature, and to be able to share the direct phone number to our CS teams easily! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 12
Super Seller

The issue is, if it’s my signature blocking some of my posts, how come it’s only disallowing some posts and not all? 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 8 of 12
Admin

Hey @MJD, our developers are looking into this further so let me check in with them again about the HTML error! There might be something else causing the error as well, and I'll follow up as I have more information. 

Tra
Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

Hello,

I wanted to follow up on this thread and ask a question/give some information on my findings…

Has the issue been fixed? 

My reasoning for this question would be as some may notice I have managed to update my signature to my preferred pronouns, (previously I struggled to make changes to my signature due to HTML errors). 

Thanks for your help! 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 10 of 12
Admin

Hey @MJD, that's great to hear! We did deploy a few changes recently so glad to see it helped. If it happened again, let us know so we can look into it further. 

Tra
Message 11 of 12
Super Seller

Best Answer

I'll consider it fixed then, and that it's all good from here unless any reports otherwise...

If any members of the seller community continue to struggle with similar issues to the one above, please feel free to add them to this thread so we can keep all the information together for the developers : )

-Matt

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 12 of 12