x

Site no longer safe and not accepting payments

Hi!

So my website has just started saying it is no longer taking on orders (even though the accepting orders toggle is on) and when you type the website address in it says it is an unsafe website. This issue has occurred since transferring my own www. address. Really stumped as how to fix it! Please help!

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SarahJF100,

The This store is not yet accepting payments message typically appears when there is an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate error. SSL is enabled for you by default the first time you publish your website, so you shouldn't need to do anything extra here.

It does, however, take some time to get the SSL up and running on a custom domain name. If you do have a custom domain name, please note that it may take 24 to 48 hours before your site appears normally and securely when searching that domain in a browser. For more details, see our guide here.

If you're still running into a bit of trouble, please ensure that you have followed both Step 1 and Step 2 of this guide to connecting your domain to your Square Online website. Missing the second step is a common mistake I've seen again and again, and will definitely cause some issues.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thank you, I shall give this a go! I transferred the domain over 2 months ago and only today has this issue arisen

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Give it some time and then try un-publishing the store and re-publishing it too.

Make sure to get in contact with our direct E-Comm CS team here if this troubleshooting does not work.

Other sellers won't be able to assist with this further but they can take a closer look.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Thank you. Yes I will. I've checked and all steps done so will try the unpublish republish. 

Message 5 of 6

Still no joy so have sent message to E Comms as suggested. Fingers crossed 

Message 6 of 6