x

Socket Mobile S700 won't hold charge

I purchased my Socket Mobile S700 barcode scanner through Square in September and it worked fine at first but now, less than three months later, it won't hold a charge for more than 1.5 hours.

Has anyone else experienced this with this model?  

How can I get a replacement?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @marthasbookdepo and welcome to the Community!

That's strange that the charge all of a sudden isn't holding. Do you typically keep it plugged in overnight or charge for a few hours and take it off? Sometimes I know that keeping something on a charger too long can make the battery drain faster.

Even though it's the charge- I'd recommend going through these troubleshooting steps first before contacting the manufacturer of the scanner for a replacement. Third party hardware has to go through the manufacturer for replacements if that's what ends up being needed. But they also might have some troubleshooting or different suggestions you can try for the charge as well if you contact them. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I'll try resetting it.  I only keep it plugged in when it's out of battery and only until the green light comes on but it seems to fully charge in only a few hours, too.  I'll test it the rest of this week and see what happens after the reset.

Message 3 of 6

@marthasbookdepo Sounds good!

Keep me updated if you have to reach out to the manufacturer too and let us know what they say. It may be helpful to other sellers experiencing the same issue!

Ashley C
Message 4 of 6

Resetting the scanner helped for about a week and now it’s back to draining within a couple hours. I emailed the manufacturer to see what the next steps are. 

Message 5 of 6

@marthasbookdepo Oh good! Yeah I was going to refer you there to see if they have any other tips.

If they do and you don't mind posting them here- please do!

It might be helpful for other sellers having the same issues. 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 6