x

Some customers aren't receiving my invoices, what can I do?

Several of my customers are saying that they are not getting their emailed Invoices even after checking spam & junk folders, anyone else?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@soapychic - Welcome to the Seller Community, and sorry to hear you have some customers who are having trouble locating their invoices! This is supposed to be the easy part. 

First, I’d suggest confirming that the recipient’s email address matches the email address on the sent invoice. You can view this information under Invoices in your online Square Dashboard by clicking the invoices in question.

If the invoice was sent to the correct email address, click Resend and ask the recipient to check their inbox, including their spam folder or other filters.

If your customer still hasn’t received the invoice, please reach out directly with the following details:

• the invoice #
  • your recipient’s email address

In the meantime, you can also print a hard-copy of an Invoice or directly share an invoice payment link with your customer. Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square

Best Answer

@soapychic - Welcome to the Seller Community, and sorry to hear you have some customers who are having trouble locating their invoices! This is supposed to be the easy part. 

First, I’d suggest confirming that the recipient’s email address matches the email address on the sent invoice. You can view this information under Invoices in your online Square Dashboard by clicking the invoices in question.

If the invoice was sent to the correct email address, click Resend and ask the recipient to check their inbox, including their spam folder or other filters.

If your customer still hasn’t received the invoice, please reach out directly with the following details:

• the invoice #
  • your recipient’s email address

In the meantime, you can also print a hard-copy of an Invoice or directly share an invoice payment link with your customer. Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 14

I have been having the same problem with my main client. I alert him that I am sending the invoice but then it never arrives. I have inspected the address over and over. He says it is not in the inbox nor the Spam box.. Very frustrating! I can send a copy of the invoice in a separate email I suppose but it doesn't fix the problem. Any idea yet why this is happening, not just to me but to others?

Message 3 of 14
Admin

@gildingstudio I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing you and your client. 

Invoices are sent from an automatic server and, unfortunately, this means some spam detectors automatically route emails from Square to spam instead of your clients' inbox.

As your client has already checked their spam folder you could ask them contact their email provider to request they allow invoices from Square.

You can also our Square team directly. With the Invoice ID and your recipient's email address and Support can investigate this further. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 14

seems like a lot of people are having this issue, and it took me quite a bit of searching to find that you can "share" using a link, which I think I will do from now on, as that email then comes from my busniness email address instead of a square email. I just wish this wasn't so hard to find/figure out.

Message 5 of 14
Alumni

@RettaCarl, this is really good feedback for our Invoices team. Thank you for taking the time to post, I'll make sure the team sees your comments since it sounds like sharing directly from your business email is ideal for you, and probably for others too. 

Message 6 of 14

Having the same darn problem !

Message 7 of 14
Alumni

Hey @LittleHippie - I recommend reaching out to our CS team for further troubleshooting. You can find the link to contact them in Helen's response above.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 14

This has recently become an issue with my #1 client, as well. Prompt payment is imperative! Our business cannot afford delays in payment, and will be destroyed by added fees for instant transfers. I recently paid $80 in additional fees because their invoice was not showing up in their inbox & had to choose same-day transfer to cover funds. I should NOT have to follow-up on invoices before their assigned due date! It is beyond rude and unprofessional to ask my clients if they received their invoices before they go delinquent! Also, many clients' payment terms are included in estimates and signed contracts. Emails that do not show up in inboxes or spam of verified e-mail addresses could cause delays and missed deadlines! Having to babysit & follow up on invoice receipts makes our business look bad and puts clients in an unnecessary defensive state of mind!  I should only need to check my square account for status & viewing updates. If this isn't fixed soon, I will have no choice but to find another merchant. Frankly, we've already looked into Quickbooks. This e-mail glitch along with the added convenience of not having to export reports quarterly is becoming more and more attractive. Please help your small businesses stay afloat!

Message 9 of 14

I hae been using Square for about a year, and suddenly two of my clients are not getting the invoice emails.  I am getting an "email failed to send" message.  The emails are valid.  Is anyone else having this same issue and how can it be fixed?  

Message 10 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JohnLMA and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this issue has been brought up before.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 14

I'm having the same issue with invoices and it just started this year. It even happens with customers that i've sent invoices to for 5 years and all of a sudden they are not getting them now. The share link is beneficial but I dont feel that is the way it needs to be done. It needs to be fixed or I can start to use PayPal.

Message 12 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @shirtworks,

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

I am sorry you are having problems with invoices sometimes not going through , that is super frustrating.

Please double check you've ran through all of Seans (marked as best answers tips above. If the issue persists, please feel free to DM me some example invoices so our team can look into this.

Message 13 of 14

I can't believe how much this is happening.  This seems like an issue that should have been fixed.  I am now experiencing the same thing.  The customer continues to tell me they are not receiving and have checked their folders.  I don't know what to do and I'm super frustrated as I pay a fee for the service of square to provide this and run payments for me.  Can you please help or I am going to have to figure out a different payment method.  

Message 14 of 14