x

Square App crashing and rebooting Ipads

Starting Monday all our Square iPads started having the issue of crashing immediately as soon as you open the "Square Point of Sale & Payment" app. We then installed the "Square: Retail Point of Sale" app with the greenish aqua colored logo. When using that app it will randomly crash and reboot the entire ipad, sometimes in the middle of a transaction. All iPads are using iPadOS 15.7 and the most current versions of the Square apps. We have 2 iPad Air 3rd gen and 1 iPad 6th Gen. PLEASE HELP!  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @InfuscoCoffee.  Sorry to hear this.  I’m sorry I didn’t reply sooner, but I haven’t been on the boards much this week.  It’s the end of my ice cream season, and I’ve been distracted!  Anyway, thanks to @Lovewell for pointing this out.

I hope like crazy that you are NOT still having problems.  But I can only recommend two things since this sounds like it could be a couple of issues.  If you are fixed, then consider this post as “for future reference.”

The next time your iPad crashes, get back into any app, go to the “More” menu and go to “Troubleshooting.”  Click on “Send Support Ledger” and wait until it finishes.  This will send diagnostic information to Square for them to review.  After it is done, contact the Square Customer Success Advocates and inform them what is going on, as much as you can.  It would be really helpful to be able to tell Square what you were doing at the moment before it crashes.  Tell your employees to keep a pad or their phone notepad handy so that they can make a quick note while it is still fresh in their minds.  The more detail the better.

The only other thing I could possibly recommend right now is for you to factory reset your iPads and set them up again.  That’s the nuclear option, though, and based upon what you say above, I’m not sure it would work anyway.

I’m sorry, again, for the delay.  Good luck!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”

User of the following third-party apps (ask for help or a referral link):

FreshKDS — Kitchen Display System
Bookkeep — Automated Revenue Accounting
Restoke — Menu Pricing and real-time inventory
Message 2 of 4

I am having a similar issue with the Square Invoice app on my IPAD Pro. The app works on my iPhone and I can use the Square POS app with no issues. I have contacted square and Apple and have done all the normal reloads and updates with no help. Help!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @LibertyRoadRV Our team was aware of this and worked on an update for the iPad. Please make sure that your device and application are up-to-date. 

I will keep an eye on your reply. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4