x

Square Appointments APP and Square Stand connectivity Issues.

I am having an issue with the Square appointmets app not connecting to my Square Stand, or the chip reader... I have an old ipad, using ios 9.0 something. (I don't believe it can update anymore) the square register app works just fine. Do I need to delete one and use the other? I did trying to disconnect (sign off) of one, and use the other, and it didn't work. I want to use appointments and check my client out right from my calendar, but I am noticing my stand won't connect. Thus the chip reader won't be recognised by the USB. It totally works the the otgher app!  Help! (I am using an old iPad 2, i am really hoping I don't have to upgrade!)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@HDBT If you're using an iPad 2 as long as you can update it to iOS 9 or higher you should still be able to use the contactless and chip card reader with it. 

These troubleshooting steps for the Appointments app typically resolve most issues, there's no need to delete the POS app in order to use the Appointments app. 

If the issue persists please call our Appointments team so they can take a closer look. I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing, we definitely want you to be able to check out customers with the Appointments app! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I have an iPad air (also) and have both of the apps. Square Appointments and Square point of sale, I can't get then to sync with each other on this ipad either. I love square, but I really want to make this work with my existing ipad2, but it doesn't seem to work with my ipad air either... I did order a new stand and ipad (brand new) but I'm hoping I won't have to open them and it will work with both my ipads.

Ive tried all the suggestions, and Point of sale doesn't seem to sync up with the appointments app. I don't see it in the library. <sigh>

Message 3 of 4

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble @HDBT. It sounds like there is something weird going on with the stand and your iPad. I recommend giving the Appointments team a call when you get a chance. They will be able to take a closer look at your account than we can here. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to help out! 

Message 4 of 4