x

Square Appointments App: Sales tax

Does anyone have any answers on how to apply sales tax automatically when checking out?? I checked the sales tax option for all items, and when I am in the square app calendar, I tap on checkout, then it brings me to the point of sale app and does not apply city sales tax! Please help! I have done everything that the site tells you to do, but is still not working and I have wasted so much time trying to figure it out on my own! Thank you 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

you have to put it in.  Go into the settings , then taxes, create tax,  percentage (whatever it is where you are) then, done and that one is active. In that same area you can name the sales tax if you want.

Message 2 of 7
Admin

I'm sorry for the frustration @Jaybeegirl! It looks like @leftturnracing has the information you need (thank you v much @leftturnracing!) but I wanted to check in because sounds like you're using the Appointments app?

If you are using the Appointments app, you might also like to read @Tom's Best Answer in this Community thread. That thread has and troubleshooting steps and helpful information about checking out from the Appointments app. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 7

Yes thank you Helen! I will try his link becaise I had already attempted that, and nothing is working. I have to manually go into the item /service and flip on the tax, and I know it can be set where it automatically carries from the calendar TO checkout! I will read this and hopefully will have answers!

Message 4 of 7
Admin

You're welcome @Jaybeegirl! If you do have any more questions don't hesitate to reach out! 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

I'm having the same issue but in the POS app.  Everything is set up correctly and was working.  Now random items don't charge tax at checkout.   Help!  It's adding up and I'll have a lot to pay at the end of the year.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Sorry to hear that @KaraP! If you haven't already, I recommend going through these troubleshooting steps for the POS app. If you're still having issues please call our Support team when you get a chance who can help you to resolve this!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 7