x

Square Marketing

So I have a few questions about square marketing.

1. Are customers that unsubscribe to email marketing still considered "Reachable"?

2. How are customers that have not registered their email in my store still "Reachable"?

3. With the reachable list settings at 1 vist in the last 12 months, why do I still have someone listed as "Reachable"?

3a. Is that setting suppose to reduce the number of "Reachable" customers? 

3b. If it is, then should I be charged for someone that is now not considered "Reachable"?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@gcoughlin

Hey there! Happy to get some of these questions answered for you.

1) Customers who unsubscribe from your email Marketing are still considered "Reachable", which means they are still included in the Reachable Marketing price. Our Product Team is actively working on making the change so that Reachable customers who unsubscribe will not be counted towards the monthly marketing price.

2) Customers that have provided an email to Square for receipts opt into receive communications from Square Sellers using Square Marketing. This is why you will see some customers in your Reachables that have not registered or provided an email to you in store.

3) Reachable means they are contactable by email:

You can add reachables by Importing Customers or Square automatically adds profiles to your Reachable Customers group when a customer:

• Visits your business at least once in the last 12 months
  • Pays with a credit or debit card
  • Elects to receive a digital receipt via email

The exception to this is on imports of contacts, or emails that have been provided to you at the time of sale. 

If you put your customers information into the Directory, and it includes email address, they will remain as Reachables- even when they have not had a visit in 12 months or over. This is because they are considered to be your contact.  

The customers that are in your reachable list - that do not have a visible email address, are the ones that will fall out after 12 months.  If you see an email in their profile, they have provided it to you, and will remain in the Reachables unless they unsubscribe.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 2