x

Square Register Customer Display will not stay connected

I have the square register and every time I go to set it up the customer display will not connect. 

I have tried it with the lead provided and tried it in front of the register and I get the same outcome every time. it loads up and then it disconnects, and it will keep doing this over and over again until I remove it. 

I have had this problem ever since I got the register and have always had to add card details manually, which of course adds time to the checkout. It is very unprofessional and disappointing after I spent soo much money on it. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@matthewmacleod4 Hey! I can understand how frustrating this is! I would try factory resetting your register with the customer display attached to the front physically and see if that fixes the problem. If not this sounds like a hardware malfunction and you should reach out to square and see if they can resolve the issue.

To reset your Square Register:

1. If you have taken any offline transactions, be sure to reconnect to the internet and process them before proceeding. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost and the funds won’t be captured when you reset your device.

2. Tap the down arrow on your Register and tap Settings.

3. Tap Hardware > General > About Register.

4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.

5. Tap Reset one last time. The countdown will begin and your Register will reset.

Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to reconnect to your internet connection and sign back in.

1. Go back through basic setup questions like your time zone, date, and time.

2. Reconnect to the internet and sign back in with your email and password or device code.

3. Add accessories such as cash drawers, printers, barcode scanners, or scales. Learn more about connecting compatible hardware to Square Register.

4. Adjust any settings back to your preferences.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 2