x

Square Register Resets Settings Nightly

I am using three Square Register terminals, two at our front counter which use the signature pad to complete transactions, and one behind the bar, which prints a credit card receipt for the customer to sign.  However, for some reason, these settings are changed to the opposite setting sometime overnight, every single night.  So the two at the front counter which use the signature pad will be set to print a paper receipt, and the one behind the bar to use the signature pad.  As I stated, this happens every single night.  This is incredibly frustrating, as I have to make sure to remember to change these settings back every morning.  I have contacted service by telephone, but the only solution they were able to offer me is to factory reset all of my registers to see if perhaps it is a software glitch.  But this is simply not an option at this time.  I understand that my menus, employees, etc. are stored in the cloud, so I would not lose these items, but I would lose any other changes I have made to the registers, and at a time where I am currently working 80+ hours a week, I am simply not willing to spend a couple of extra hours after I'm done for the day or before we open to change everything back to the way it was.  I need help here!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

That sounds very strange and awfully frustrating @jheintz21

Do you keep the Registers in the same place overnight, or do you store them in a certain place? The reason I ask this is we had a similar issue with another seller, but come to find out they had just mixed up the devices which was causing the confusing. 

If you can rule this out, we might need to escalate this up to our Register team so they can take a closer look at this and figure out what might be causing this. 

Message 2 of 5

They are stationary.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying @jheintz21

I'll reach out to our Register team to see if there's anything they suggest to try. There's a chance they might need to reach out to you directly, so hang tight and we'll figure out what might be happening. 

Message 4 of 5

We are also experiencing the same issues. We have two registers and printers in the front and one register and printer in the back. It seems there is always a problem with one of them. We are constantly having to change the settings. Would creating different accounts or devices change this possibly? I am out of options and with Valentine's Day approaching I'm becoming very nervous for our flower shop.

Message 5 of 5