x

Square Register: Why is my customer display blank?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer display

Why is my customer display screen constantly blank whether its plugged in or on the pad? All it has is the square logo, doesn't give my customers the usual convenience of seeing the total and inserting credit card.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @toviuk!

@GlassDale is definitely correct. If you have gone through the troubleshooting steps shared and the customer display is still blank, you'll want to contact Customer Success to see if they have some additional troubleshooting steps for you, or even possibly, warranty.

Hope you get it worked out!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

We use the Register in our business, but we've never had this problem, or any other so far.  Here's a link to a page with troubleshooting information.  If you've already gone through these steps or they don't work, you'll need to contact Square's support team to get this worked out.

Good luck.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

I’ve seen this happen with my customer display app from time to time. 

Force close the Display app and your Point of Sale app. Reopen the Point of Sale app. Skip any “Display disconnected” error messages. Once it’s fully loaded (connected to readers, printers, etc) reopen the Display app. Sometimes it will reconnect automatically, sometimes you’ll have to go into the Customer Display setting on the PoS app and re-link it. That should get you back up and running!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 7

I'm referring to the customer display device that comes with the register...

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @toviuk!

@GlassDale is definitely correct. If you have gone through the troubleshooting steps shared and the customer display is still blank, you'll want to contact Customer Success to see if they have some additional troubleshooting steps for you, or even possibly, warranty.

Hope you get it worked out!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Did you get this solved? I’m having the same issue

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hi there @Fernie0713 👋

If you are running into issues with your Square Register, we recommend these troubleshooting steps.

If you continue to run into trouble, please get in touch directly so our dedicated hardware team can work with you to ensure that everything is running as expected. A phone call is the quickest way to resolve issues like this, but you can email or call us here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7