x
Super Seller

Square Register printing

I have two square registers sitting next to each other and connected to the network via WiFi with both using an ethernet printer. There are three ethernet printers on the network.  One of the registers shows two of the ethernet printers and the other register doesn't show any of the ethernet printers.  Both registers are connected to the same wireless network and everything is in the same network and subnet.  I've turned wi-fi off/on and recreated printer stations and the register that sees two printers will be able to print for a bit but then loses the connection to the printer. The other register can't see any printers even after turning wi-fi on and off. Any ideas on the cause of Registers not seeing any/all of the printers?  I also have two square stands and multiple standalone iPads that are able to see the printers without issue.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @vinesandrushes!

Thanks for your post.

I know you said that both registers are connected to the same WiFi network, but are all three Ethernet printers plugged into the same router? Or do you have multiple routers that are on the same network?  

The registers can only connect to the Ethernet printers that are plugged into the router that they are connected to (meaning on the network of).

For example: Register is on a WiFi network that has a router which does not have an Ethernet printer plugged into it, therefore the Register will not be able to identify the presence of the Ethernet printer. 

I'll look out for your reply. One of the benefits of being a Square Register owner, is that you get 24/7 phone support from our Register dedicated team. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

The wifi network (with multiple different access points throughout the building) is on the same network as the ethernet printers.  The printers are on different switches but there's only a single router that routes out to the internet.  All of our internal network switches and access points are on the same logical network and subnet. 

The other consideration here is that everything was working fine and both registers were printing to and seeing multiple different printers.  The one that isn't seeing any printers appears to be on a newer version of the Register OS than the one that is seeing one or two of the printers.  But, both registers say that their software is up to date even though both list a different version.  I can call in to support if that would be easier to work through the issue.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@vinesandrushes

Yes, the best option at this point would be to reach out to Customer Success! You can reach out directly to Customer Success at 1-855-700-6000. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code:  squ.re/howtocontact

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4