x
Beta Member

Square Register stopped recognizing Brecknell 6700U scale

We sell frozen yogurt using a Square Register and Brecknell 6700U scale. A few days ago the register must have had an update because the entire interface changed and it stopped recognizing the scale. I tried to reconnect the scale by going to Settings > Scales per the Square documentation but there is no Scales option in the setting. Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @joshsf

Welcome to the Online Store! 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your scale, but I have found a link with some troubleshooting steps. 

Here is the link. 

Please let me know if this doesn't do the trick. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

None of that worked. Again, there is no Scales option showing in the Settings menu.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @joshsf,

I have a dumb question but were you plugging it in first and then checking for Scales under Settings?

I'm checking in with our Content Team now to make sure this isn't something that needs updating. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

Nothing they say works, we've even called Brecknell and they are frustrated with Square development too.  We've spent months trying to work with Square on the scale integration total waste of time and money.

Message 5 of 8

No they say it works, but it does not.  We've spent months trying to work with Square on the scale integration total waste of time and money.

Message 6 of 8

Two days ago, after months of trying, we reset both the scale and register and the next day when we rebooted the Square Register it recognized and displayed the scale and weight measurements.  We've been on the 4.14 software release since it came out so it wasn't a new version release or update.  Brecknell walked us through resetting the scale and I did a factory reset on the Square Register.

Message 7 of 8

Has the scale functioned well since you posted this in October? We're thinking about getting this scale and are a little wary...

Message 8 of 8