x

Square Register hub items easily disconnect?

I just recently purchased one of the square registers and my staff is loving it, however I have noticed that the usb hub that the printer and scanner seems to be very sensitive and even if its bumped things disconnect or turn off. Is any else having issues like this. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@brucescandy I haven't had this with the square register, but with other usb hubs.  What I do requires some nice electrical tape.  I will take all of the cords going into a hub and tape them together and then tape the bundle to the side of the of the hub.  then I plug in the free ends.  If someone pulls on one of the cords it pulls from where it is taped in the bundle to the hub and not on the usb connections themselves.  I usually try to keep the hub velcro'd or something of the like up under a counter or to the side of something so it isn't moved a lot.

If you want to see some neat ideas, look up cable management.  USB is just fickle by nature sometimes, much like my phones charging port 😕

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2