x

Square Sales Report vs. manually counting...numbers don't match

I see that this has been discussed in 2018, but only that Square is aware and working on it.  Why in mid August 2019 do my reports suddenly NOT match my manually counted numbers?  For example, I added actual cash I counted in the drawer plus actual credit cards (as per Square report) and it shows my drawer is OVER by $100.  Yet the Square Sales Report shows I am short by .03.  So far in August this has happened on over 8 days.  WHY???????  What do I tell my bookkeeper.  It makes no sense and I have no idea how to fix this.  We obviously aren't over by $40 one day and $100 the next, so it is the reporting where the problem lies.  Need help from Square asap.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

@RofT Sorry about the frustration this is causing you. @RHatch and @Boondocks share some thoughts here on why you might be seeing those differences. Can you take a look at that thread and let me know if that helps you?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 9

Nika not really.  I have figured out what is happening, but I don't know why or how to correct.  Can you let me know.

Example:  on 22Aug19 we closed drawer at 5:45pm.  However, when we ran the Sales Report at that same time (5:44pm), for whatever reason it reported Sales (gross/net/tax) from 12:00AM - 4:42PM.  Why?  This has not happened before this month.  Why is sales reporting picking a random end time (4:42pm) even though we are requesting the sales report at 5:44pm?

Message 3 of 9
Admin

That's a great question @RofT. I'm not quite sure... At this point I'd suggest reaching out to our support team so they can take a look at your account and your settings. They'll be able to do some digging to see why your reports are off.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 9

I'm sure Square you must be aware of this.  A store next door is having the exact same problem since the upgrade.  Ill reach out to support team.

Message 5 of 9

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Sales Report Time Frame doesn't match Report run time

This is happening to me also.

Didn't notice it at first as the times were only a few minutes off and I had no sales between the end of report and time of print.

Figured it out when I had a cash sale between the end of report time and the time of print and it didn't show up on report.  On that day, the end of the report was several hours before the time I printed report and I had two sales between the two times.

Took awhile to figure out why the report didn't match my drawer.

This is and can cause a lot of confusion as I was using this as my daily sales information.

Help

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @CBQuiltco, I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this. If you haven't already please give us a call so we can investigate further. When you call in our team will gather more information and escalate this to our engineering team to investigate this further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 9

@Helen For some reason the sales report has to be pulled down to refresh every time.  It isn't pulling data as of the time you request report automatically.  Example:  I pull up sales report at 5:30pm and run it.  Report shows time frame ending at 4:53pm.  Why?  So I have to pull down screen to refresh.  Every time.  

I don't need to call you.  It is an easy issue to understand - it should be fixed by your team.  Making us telephone you for something very clear is a waste of all of our time.

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RofT - I hear you. We understand your time is valuable, and that is why we appreciate so much that you took the effort to share this feedback. It goes a long way in making our product better in the long haul. 

After doing some research, this new feature (pulling down to refresh reporting) is intended behavior after our latest update. This seems to be an update in response to Merchants who want updates Sales Reporting data in real time. 

I'm passing your feedback to our Product Team as we speak. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9