x

Square app does not recognize bluetooth printer

I have a Star TSP143iiibi printer. The ipad will connect to the printer and the TSP100iii Utility app will connect and print a test print. But the Square app does not recognize that the printer is connected too the ipad. I have recently had the printer repaired with a new logic board installed by Star tech. Before the new logic board, the Square app did connect to the printer. That is the only thing that has changed. I have updated the Ipad IOS, and deleted and reinstalled the Square app but the Square app will not recognize the bluetooth printer. 

I have contacted Square Support and they say that it is the printer issue. I have contacted Star support and they say that since the ipad and printer are connected via bluetooth and the TSP100iii Utility app will do a test print that the printer is working properly. I am a very tech savvy person and this has me stumped. I have tried to connect 2 other ipads and an iphone to the printer and they all connect via bluetooth but the square app does not recognize that the printer is connected. 

Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone know if there are any other settings in the printer to make Square app recognize it? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Devildawg I'm sorry to hear about this experience with your bluetooth printer. It sounds like you've spent a lot of time working on this and I can understand how you would want to fix this ASAP. I have a feeling that the new logic board is what is causing the printer to fail to connect to the Point of Sale app, but we would need engineering to take a look at the details and confirm. 

If you're still in contact with the advocate from support, it would be worthwhile to have them file a ticket so engineering can tell you if it's the device or the app. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I m facing the same issue, while connecting portable thermal printer baby a380 Bluetooth while connecting to android tab its showing its pair properly but in square app in the sitting part under printer tab after creating printer its not searching that printer

second i wanted to connect e-pos tep-300 printer through usb otg convertor cable but it not showing in printer tab 

kindly help me in that is there any further sitting need to be done on the square app

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @nomani🌠

Thanks for posting in this thread. Sorry to hear about your printer.

Please take a look at the troubleshooting steps described in this Support Center article. If that doesn't work, please give us a call.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I'm having a similar issue with the square app not finding my Star SM-S230i, except that yesterday, it was working fine.  Today when I turned on the printer, the square app didn't find it.  All my software is up to date, I've removed and reinstalled the square app, but nothing I do works.  I'm baffled.  

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @LocalTraveler. Welcome to the Seller Community.

Sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. We recommend checking out our guide for Troubleshooting Bluetooth Printers If everything looks good there then you'll want to reach out to the printer manufacturer for them to make sure that the printer is working as expected or if it needs to be reset or reconfigured.

I hope this information is helpful

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6