x

Square magstripe reader pulls up SIRI prompt everytime I swipe a card or reattach the reader.

Using the wifes iPhone this weekend, her magstripe reader worked fine for two and a half days then halfway through Monday, the magstripe reader started pulling up the SIRI prompt when we would swipe cards or if you disconnected the reader and reconnected it. Using a 3.5 mini jack with the lightening wire adapter.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @bmyzer101! That definitely sounds glitchy. I've never heard of SIRI enabling when the magstripe reader is inserted. Would you mind trying out these troubleshooting steps on your wife's iPhone? It sounds to me like maybe her device or the app itself needs an update.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after going through these steps. Happy to keep digging if we need to!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

I've tried all of the steps in the trouble shooting, both were she was working and also at home. Device and app is up to date. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Square POS app. Still has the same issue. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

When I google this, some folks have this issue with headphones.

Sometimes it's lint stuck in the headphone jack, sometimes it's a damaged headphone jack, sometimes it's bad headphones.

I would suggest to first see if there's any dirt or lint in the jack, or otherwise maybe make an appointment & bring your phone/lightening adaptor into Apple to see if they can pinpoint the issue in your phone.

Otherwise, maybe try a new Square Reader? There are the new ones that work directly into lightening ports which should solve the issue.

As a side note, because of the liability shift, if you don't already have the bluetooth Chip reader - I would definitely suggest that to protect yourself in case of fraudulent charges.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 4