x

Square messed up our inventory... bad.

We've been on Square POS since February. We use it to track our inventory and have recently linked it to One Up for accounting. We've had one up about 3 weeks now but haven't really started using it. The only thing in there thus far is the products and it's linked to our bank accounts, etc. We use Big Commerce for our eCommerce. Neither One Up or Big Commerce are set up to import back into Square for updates at this point since it's all new to us.

This morning, we woke up with the low stock report from hell. We have over 3000 products in our catalog and now have a 12 page low stock report. We weren't even open for business yesterday and our website isn't visible yet. 

I've called Square first thing this morning- but they were quick to blame the other companies. I've already talked to both the other companies and they confirmed there was no link TO Square- but my accounting took a link FROM Square and now it looks like I've sold a bunch of products over night when I haven't. 

Not only is my inventory counts messed up- but my accounting is too.

Please- ANYONE- have you had this same issue? What caused it? How do I fix it aside from re-doing the manual count I just spend 12 hours doing last Saturday?!?

~One Very Frustrated Business Owner

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Must've been incredibly frustrating to see the low stock report. I've just checked with our team and there's no issue with inventory management on our side. For account-specific support, calling our team was a good idea.

This article has suggestions about managing your inventory in bulk, which can be helpful for importing inventory from a CSV, adding new inventory, and verifying current stock: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5228-inventory-management

If you'd like to look at other inventory options that integrate with Square, check out the Square App Marketplace: https://squareup.com/app-marketplace

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3

Yes we have been having the same problem, and when i call square they say it is no them. I have ruled out staff by taking away all rights for data entering so it is just me. then i disconnected all link companies,  so i then got in the habit of checking my inventory after each sale and there it is i made a sale and the inventory did not track right. so this is a square issues.  if this keeps up like others have done i will change pos system.   I have never had this issue before it is just in the last year.

Angele 

Message 3 of 3