x
Beta Member

Square register stuck in reboot?

In the middle of taking an order today my Square Register popped up a screen that says, “ To reset Register, hold the power bottom for 1 seconds. All device settings will be lost. You cannot undo this action. A/B rollback proceedings— please release power button. “ My only guess is that the power button somehow stuck on even though nobody was touching it. When unplugged and plugged back in, it goes to the same screen, and  the number counts back from 10 to 1 “seconds” help?!?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @TheCupandMuffin!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Sorry to hear about your Square Register.

We have a team dedicated to supporting the Square Register, and we'd suggest giving them a call. They'll be able to offer some troubleshooting steps, and file a ticket with our Engineering Team if it needs a closer look. 

Additionally, here are some troubleshooting steps that you could try. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5

Was there a solution for this found? I am experiencing this issue and even after a factory reset the issue persists

Message 3 of 5

I just had the same issue with two of my registers this week. On the helpline the woman told me that if you hold the button down for 20-25 seconds the machine will push through the factory reset. It worked for me and was a huge relief.

Our register was off for about a month due to Covid Restrictions, so upon turning back on the device was on an older version of software. Under Settings > Hardware > About Device you can monitor the version and if there are any updates. Also an option for Factory Reset there. I am going to monitor update versions now going forward.

Was there any other fix that has been found?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Sweetdough44 

Since this thread is a bit dated, I suggest you try following our Square Register Troubleshooting guide and if the problem persists after completing all the steps then, you will want to reach out to our Support Team here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5