x
Highlighted

Square register with scale says "Incompatible unit"

Hi we recently got a Brecknell 6710U scale to hook up through our Square Terminal (purchased through Square) . The scale is hooked up properly, the terminal sees it as connected and reading in lb. We created the items by weight and made sure they are by the pound. When we click on one of these items in the checkout it says "Incompatible unit. Please enter manually". The scale is reading to .00 and I also have the unit set up in square as .00.

Anyone else run into this issue or have some thoughts on what I could try to fix it? I have also tried using the different units but run into the same issue. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Square register with scale says "Incompatible unit"

Best Answer

Dropping in with an update! 🔧

This issue was fixed with the release of the latest update to the Square Register. Please let us know here if anything looks off this time around. Thanks for your patience, @clovernook and @CHC_Admin.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Admin

@MichiganFarmsta you use the Brecknell scale for your Square Register, right? Mind helping @clovernook with some troubleshooting? 

Justin
Message 2 of 19
Highlighted

Yes, we just received our new Brecknell scale and are having the same issues?  We went through all 100+ pages of the Brecknell user guide and Square and nothing has worked for hours and hours and hours...

Message 3 of 19
Highlighted

We still haven’t had any luck. Going to try tech support again today I guess. 

Message 4 of 19
Highlighted

Us either we've set every setting multiple times, this may be the reason we leave Square lack of support and help, training, etc...

Message 5 of 19
Highlighted
Admin

@clovernook and @CHC_Admin -

I wanted to drop in to let you both know that our engineers are aware of this issue, and have been working towards a fix. I'll be sure to post an update here in this thread when I have one for you - thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Valentina
Message 6 of 19
Highlighted
Admin

Best Answer

Dropping in with an update! 🔧

This issue was fixed with the release of the latest update to the Square Register. Please let us know here if anything looks off this time around. Thanks for your patience, @clovernook and @CHC_Admin.

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 19
Highlighted

We are currently having the same issue.  Checked and it says the software is up to date.  Has the update resolved this for anyone?

Message 8 of 19
Highlighted

@Cassyjack It has not resolved the issue for us. we have a ticket in and we will see.

Message 9 of 19
Highlighted
Admin

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing troubles with the Brecknell scale and Square Register, @CHC_Admin. It sounds like you've recently reached back out to let our team know about this - thank you for that! 

@Cassyjack - if you haven't already, please get in touch with our Support team. They'll need to gather some information about what you're seeing so they can dig deeper here. Thanks in advance for the help here.

Valentina
Message 10 of 19