x

Square register with scale says "Incompatible unit"

Hi we recently got a Brecknell 6710U scale to hook up through our Square Terminal (purchased through Square) . The scale is hooked up properly, the terminal sees it as connected and reading in lb. We created the items by weight and made sure they are by the pound. When we click on one of these items in the checkout it says "Incompatible unit. Please enter manually". The scale is reading to .00 and I also have the unit set up in square as .00.

Anyone else run into this issue or have some thoughts on what I could try to fix it? I have also tried using the different units but run into the same issue. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 31
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square register with scale says "Incompatible unit"

Thank you for your patience here as I gathered a bit more information about the compatibility issue with the Square Register and the Brecknell 6710U scale - @clovernook @CHC_Admin @Cassyjack @bccr @Favorita @CGFarm_Pat @joshsf

I was able to confirm with our Square Register team that a fix was pushed out to anyone using the Square Register on August 18. If you are running at least SQUID version 4.10 on your Square Register, you should no longer be experiencing this issue.

So sorry to hear about the ongoing troubles - please be sure to let me know here if you are running SQUID version 4.10 or higher and are continuing to run into trouble so I can funnel that up to our team.

30 REPLIES 30

Ugh.  I returned my scale for a refund. They "processed" my return 21 days ago but do you think I could get my money back? Nope. Crickets.

Message 22 of 31

What?

That's beyond bad...

Message 23 of 31

Do you honestly think all these clients of yours have not contacted support multiple times?  We've spent hours on hold, on the phone, and in communication with your support team.  They know less and are worse than this online forum that runs you in circles.  Fix the issue!

Message 24 of 31

I had the same problem 

expend $1500 on register and scale for my business And cannot use them what a joke this issue shouldn’t take so long to be fixed 

thinking on send it back 

they don’t even know is not working i spend a lot of time trying to make it work 

Message 25 of 31

@CHC_Admin  I'm wondering if you got the scale issue resolved? I'm having the same problem and support has not responded to my request for help yet. Thank you.

Message 26 of 31

@bccr We are still waiting to hear back from support on our ticket. We are manually deducting the weighted value from our inventory as they sell. It is a huge pain and we are hoping this gets fixed soon.

Message 27 of 31

I am having the same problem with a brand new scale and Square Register. I bought these in advance of opening a new location so I can troubleshoot. Wondering if I should send the scale back?

Message 28 of 31
Beta Member

We are still experiencing the issue as well. Hopefully this is fixed soon. Prior to the software update a couple of months ago, the scale worked as designed. It was all automatic; weights were transferred from the scale into the Square register system and no manual entry was required. It's now two months later and we are still dealing with this issue. 

For us, we are a farm store and sell produce (which needs to be weighed) along with many other products as well. We would prefer to use the Square for Retail version, however we've been told by Square that the scale is not currently supported in Square for Retail. While there are certainly advantages to using Square for Retail, those advantages are offset if the scale works as designed in the regular Square Register software. Ultimately, we hope Square fixes this issue in the regular Square Register software and adds this functionality to the Square for Retail software.

Message 29 of 31

So they recommend a scale knowing it doesn't work, release an update saying it works and it still doesn't work.  Terrible support and software release management.

Message 30 of 31

Two days ago, after months of trying, we reset both the scale and register and the next day when we rebooted the Square Register it recognized and displayed the scale and weight measurements.  We've been on the 4.14 software release since it came out so it wasn't a new version release or update.  Brecknell walked us through resetting the scale and I did a factory reset on the Square Register.

Message 31 of 31