x
Beta Member

Star Micronics Drawer won't open after sale?!

Just had my cash drawer delivered yesterday, printer is working fine. Prints out anything after a sale so that's all good. I'm having a major issue with the cash drawer not opening after the printer prints or a sale has been made!?!

I've spent hours back and forth with Square Support who had no clue on what to do about it? I think it's paramount for a company selling specific equipment that's compatible with the Square POS to know what's inside out considering there's only a couple brands you get supplied from.

Then I'm sent to USA Star Micronics who are then sending me to their UK Base? Then the UK Base have no clue about the Square POS...so it's an absolute communicative nightmare. It's alright saying maybe the cash drawer works or doesn't but I want to know if it's a software or hardware issue. Heavily disappointed as I was expecting this to be a plug and play thing.

Just so I'm clear on this...I am using a PRINTER DRIVEN cash drawer with a USB PRINTER. I've setup the printer station. There's no option to test open the drawer because it's printer driven.

I will be seriously annoyed if this is a compatibility issue because this should've been noted on your product pages? Ideally as someone who hasn't ever bought EPOS hardware should be informed which drawers are compatible with whom. I really hope there's a solution otherwise I've bought these two pieces of hardware for no reason. Shame because I don't want to be paying the same price as buying a printer and a drawer for just the standalone USB cash drawer.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello, just wondering if you have the USB for the cash draw plugged into the receipt printer, or is it plugged into something else? I have the Square Register and a USB cash drawer, plugged into the printer, so if my printer isn't turned on the cash drawer will not open.

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content