x

Stock Inventory isn't working

Every time I try to add stock to my newer items, it won't work. It takes several seconds to load and then I get hit with an error message.

We're sorry, but we weren't able to access your stock information. Please save your item and try again.

I'm at a loss on what to do. 

Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there. I'm not sure if you are also following along with this thread but I just wanted to check in with everyone here as well. 

We're experiencing a temporary sync delay, and the engineers have already made a fix which should catch things up soon. I don't have an eta to provide, unfortunately, but will do my best to post updates on the threads if I hear of any changes. 

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

I have had this problem all day 😞 I was told to check back after 24 hours . which doesnt help. 

Message 2 of 55

Oh no! Hopefully it's just a bug for a couple of days then

Message 3 of 55

I noticed that my pop-up announcements and coupon pop ups aren't working either 😞

Message 4 of 55

Hi @kaylamessies I realize your question is not resolved, but I wanted to be able to post a reply at the top of the thread so that everyone sees it. 

I haven't heard of anyone else mentioning pop-ups or coupon issues. Do you see an error on the page when you try to save or edit? 

Message 5 of 55

I am also receiving a pop up error message when I try to save. The item saves but the unit cost and quantity do not save. Very frustrating. Also having issues with inventory entered on one device not showing up on any other device.

Message 6 of 55

Does this happen often ? I set up my site this week and have nothing finished because its been days of issues 😞 i am really hoping this wasnt  a waste of my time and that I wont need to re do all this or set up a shop somewhere else. 

Message 7 of 55

I really hope not. I just launched my site today and of course there's all these issues. I've been working on it for almost a month and the day I launch is the day it goes haywire for me

Message 8 of 55

First time that I have seen this happen...

Message 9 of 55

Sort of good that this is not just me (not an isolated issue). I just received new stock this morning and was going to update my site with all the new items. Previous items already listed, not a problem. Anything new, getting that error message! Spent too long trying to work it out. Don't want to 'prepare' others in case it has to be deleted after. 

Message 10 of 55

Me too it’s soooo annoying i have stock I need to upload this weekend ready for next week and I can’t 😩

We're retrieving your stock information. This may take a moment. Please don't close this window.

but it never loads I can only change stock on old items not new ones I’m currently uploading 

Message 11 of 55

Hi @Mc6 Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your dashboard as well. 

I don't think I have come across the particular error you are describing. Can you post a screenshot so we can confirm?

Message 12 of 55

I don’t know how to add a screenshot 😢 

but tried again today and can still only update stock on old Items  and can’t update stock on new items I’m trying to add to my store so I can’t add anything new to my site as the stock will be unlimited and I don’t have unlimited stock 

Message 13 of 55

Worked out how to had a screenshot 

DB6FF048-5665-4AA2-A640-8096CC256C52.png

Message 14 of 55

It never loads past this on any device 

Message 15 of 55

This is the same thing that has been happening to me all day, too! It is extremely frustrating and is costing me money as we speak! I can't add stock to anything new and it is not syncing when I try to add a new item from my browser to any of the apps.

Message 16 of 55

I'm sorry you are also experiencing this, @jc99

I checked in with the team, and it looks like we're getting closer to being all caught up, although we are still not able to confirm an eta. I imagine this should be resolved before tomorrow, and definitely fixed by morning. 

Message 17 of 55

Not resolved because I am still having issues with inventory and it’s not syncing to my site or other device 

Message 18 of 55
Beta Member

I’m having the same exact issue. Were you able to get it working again?

Message 19 of 55

Something I noticed - far from any fix. The items I 'created' but unable to add any stock ends up showing live on the site. However, the number of items is unlimited. Had to hide those listings just in case someone, by some rare chance, decides to buy something...or buy multiple.

Message 20 of 55

Can you let me know the name of one of those items so I can check a couple settings? 

Message 21 of 55